When would you use the following radar modes...are they for the f15?

jack72

For some reason I have so many options in my Air radar search modes that I am confused when to use them.

The ones I know and know when it is best are the TWS, Bore, STT and BVR.

But I also have the following modes and don't know when best to use them, if at all or even if they are meant for the F15.

Can someone explain the best use for them or if I need them at all.

• L0OD/LMA Mode
  • CAC_Flood/LMA
  • CAC VS Mode
  • CAC Bore Mode

Thanks in advance.

You have 4 AACQ modes, I'm not sure what they correspond to in the setup though:

GACQ: Guns auto. It puts the radar in guns auto-acquisition mode. It works like VS, though in reality it's a very different scan pattern.

BORE: Bore sight AACQ mode. Put the target inside the circle and it will auto-lock if the target is within 10nm.

VS: Vertical sight AACQ mode: The radar scans up and down constantly, so you can lock a target along your turning path. Again, within 10nm.

FLOOD: This is a fail-safe mode and should be automatic (also deliberately selectable but I don't see why you would do that RL). Its purpose is to continue illuminating a target within about 10nm under the following conditions:

* Sparrow launched without an HSTT (this one's an RL detail .. in game it's just lock ) lock

* Sparrow in-flight but lock is dropped

The way it works in game is that you have to select it, and then keep the target inside the circle. This will constantly illuminate anything in that circle for AIM-7 employment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

For some reason I have so many options in my Air radar search modes that I am confused when to use them.

The ones I know and know when it is best are the TWS, Bore, STT and BVR.

But I also have the following modes and don't know when best to use them, if at all or even if they are meant for the F15.

Can someone explain the best use for them or if I need them at all.

• L0OD/LMA Mode
  • CAC_Flood/LMA
  • CAC VS Mode
  • CAC Bore Mode

Thanks in advance.

Do you have flaming cliff 3 or just the F-15 module? I ask because a lot of this is answer in the manual. If you have FC3, the manual will be in the drive you installed DCS:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\this will be the version, so DCS World or DCS world OpenBeta or DCS World 2 openalpha\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Doc.

In the manual, it explain things like this

TWS=

It provides simultaneous tracking of several targets. The main advantage of this mode is that it provides detailed information on a wide zone of the air space. However, no information is provided about targets outside of the scan zone...

STT=

After you have locked the target from LRS mode, the radar will change to STT mode. The radar now

focuses all of its energy on a single target and provides constant updates....

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..