Stuck in last mission in Medvedev II

Holton181

Hi

Well, I'm stuck. I got the "Squad is away." message and the Mi-8 start to hover around the stadium. Nothing more happens. Wing-man bingo fuel. I returned to base after airborne for 2h05min.

Buggy mission? Does anybody know how to resolve this?

I'm not alone

BR

/H

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

FYI

I believe I heard that behavior of AI has changed throughout the course of time, so I had a look in the ME and noticed two waypoins for the Mi-8 being within the outline of the stadium, 9km/h and at ground level. Nothing about hovering around.

I suspect a problem though.

The first of the two points are basically located ON the actual outline of the stadium, and being located at ground level it would mean inside the structure. Maybe that's the problem, the Mi-8 not landing because it would mean colliding with the stadium?

I have moved the waypoins closer to the center of the stadium (and corrected the altitude and also the speed accordingly for correct timing).

I will try it out when I get the time and see if the Mi-8 will land and continue as planned.

I'll keep you updated.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...

Finally got both time to fly and successful enough to get the Mi-8 to the stadium.

And yes, my changes to the mission seams to work, the Mi-8 continued.

I did not get the "Okay, we've got him..." message though, but it might be due to me getting shot down shortly after the arrival to the stadium...:joystick:

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi rweinerv,

I thought it would be easiest to attach my own miz file, ready for OvGME.

If you don't use OvGME just grab the miz file from within the zip.

What I have done is that I moved some way-points for the Mi-8 in the vicinity of the stadium, and changed some preferences like speed and altitude. I also added an actual landing (for 1 min) and moved Drop Off and Exit LZ trigger zones.

If you like to see what I have done just use ME to compare them. You need to make the Mi-8 and trigger zones visible of course. Every change is done close to the stadium.

In return you will act as a guinea pig and verify for me that this version do work. The thing is I managed to finish the mission and the campaign without some of these changes, and I haven't test this version yet.

It's the actual landing and relocation of the Exit LZ that has not been tested. If you do run my miz, pleas report back how it went. If the Mi-8 do continue after the landing there shall be a message from the pilot saying something like "Okay, we've got him" if the Exit LZ is correctly placed. If it does not play you can still finish the mission successfully, but the Exit LZ need to be relocated again.

BR

/H

KA50 miz BS2_C15 Mi-8 route.zip

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx