Loss of efficiency of the tail rotor

Simicro

Hello everybody,

Yesterday, I flew mission #4 of the Argo Campaign. I took off from the ship (home base) and turned on the autopilot. When I reached the shore I deactivated the autopilot and put the sim on active pause so that I could turn on the landing and search lights and set their orientation for the purpose of the mission.

When I left the active pause, I suddenly lost nearly all efficiency on the tail rotor and the heli started rotating desperately to the right although I applied full left rudder. Speed dropped but fortunately I achieved to land. I don't think it was a VRS because when I tried to take off again, there was still no efficiency on the tail rotor. So I had to abort the mission.

What could have happened?

Edited by Simicro

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• 2 weeks later...

Tell maintenance you think your tail rotor stack bearings are shot......

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Actually I think I hit something with the tail during a night low vis mission in Argo Campaign.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync