This is all that happens when I run first mission generator.

4883E1A9-53AD-4357-AA37-37AA33D663CF.jpeg

These are point to my main DCS fold and DCS saved game folder exactly copied from the file path.

REM Core or Main DCS ou DCS.beta path, always end the line with \
set "pathDCS=C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\"

REM DCS or DCS.beta saved game path, always end the line with \
set "pathSavedGames=C:\Users\Herman\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\"

REM DCE ScriptMod version not any / or \ and no space before and after =
set "versionPackageICM=20.43.60"

Edited by grant977

19 hours ago, Orestd said:

Thank you. I installed the first campaign for the f-16. Worked perfectly. I didn't test it extensively just started the campaign and exited. The error message did not pop up. A text file with a summary of the mission did pop up as it is supposed to. I then installed the F-14 Tom Cat and the  F-18 Hornet But for those 2 campaigns the error message popped up and the summary text file did not. I checked the path.bat for all three they looked identical. I have no idea why it is working for one and not the other 2. I have attached the log file and the path bat for all 3 campaigns. The first one is the f-16 which is working. The next one is the f-14 and the f-18 which are not working..

dcs.log 50.93 kB · 1 download path.bat 376 B · 1 download path.bat 376 B · 1 download path.bat 376 B · 1 download

I deleted the DCE and just installed the F-16. If you look at the log for when I play the falcon (attached) all paths point to C. But in the Hornet and Tom Cat they point to F. I think this maybe a bug in the campaign. I don't think it is something at my end. It doesn't make sense that the falcon would work but the other 2 don't. I will try installing another DCE campaign not the crisis one see if that works.

dcs.log

Installed hornet over Persian gulf. The error message came up. But when I checked the log all paths pointed to c . The error message was "ERROR   VFS: VFS_open_write: CreateFile(C:\Users\Orest PC\C:\Users\Orest PC\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Hornet over PG - SuperCarrier\MissionEventsLog.lua): The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." I looked everywhere could not find missioneventslog.lua. No idea what is going on.

Edited by Orestd

2 hours ago, Orestd said:

I deleted the DCE and just installed the F-16. If you look at the log for when I play the falcon (attached) all paths point to C. But in the Hornet and Tom Cat they point to F. I think this maybe a bug in the campaign. I don't think it is something at my end. It doesn't make sense that the falcon would work but the other 2 don't. I will try installing another DCE campaign not the crisis one see if that works.

dcs.log 50.09 kB · 1 download

Installed hornet over Persian gulf. The error message came up. But when I checked the log all paths pointed to c . The error message was "ERROR   VFS: VFS_open_write: CreateFile(C:\Users\Orest PC\C:\Users\Orest PC\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Hornet over PG - SuperCarrier\MissionEventsLog.lua): The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." I looked everywhere could not find missioneventslog.lua. No idea what is going on.

Did you use the installer provided by Miguel for all 3 Crisis campaigns ?

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Yes I did. It is a great idea The installer.

18 minutes ago, Orestd said:

59 minutes ago, PB0_CEF said:

Did you use the installer provided by Miguel for all 3 Crisis campaigns ?

Yes I did. Love the installer simple easy to use. Only if we can get the campaigns to run. The crisis campaign for the f-16 works, Only the F-14 and F18 doesn't work.

Edited by Orestd

2 hours ago, Orestd said:

Yes I did. It is a great idea The installer.

Yes I did. Love the installer simple easy to use. Only if we can get the campaigns to run. The crisis campaign for the f-16 works, Only the F-14 and F18 doesn't work.

Your error has evolved
before: your savedGame path was bad
then: you hadn't generated the first mission
Now, it's very interesting but also very worrying, a part of the script that always worked, bug with you.
Maybe because of the encoding, maybe because of the installer. I don't know.

But now, I'll need your log (with the F18 Bug).
From the firstmission.miz to F18
From path.bat (F18)
And the Active folder (always F18)

Yes, it's a lot and I'm sorry

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by Miguel21

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

7 hours ago, grant977 said:

These are point to my main DCS fold and DCS saved game folder exactly copied from the file path.

Oddly your batch file does not display the error message.
I'll send you the installer in MP

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

1 hour ago, Miguel21 said:

Your error has evolved
before: your savedGame path was bad
then: you hadn't generated the first mission
Now, it's very interesting but also very worrying, a part of the script that always worked, bug with you.
Maybe because of the encoding, maybe because of the installer. I don't know.

But now, I'll need your log (with the F18 Bug).
From the firstmission.miz to F18
From path.bat (F18)
And the Active folder (always F18)

Yes, it's a lot and I'm sorry

this is from TF-71-Hornet - SuperCarrier campaign. Hopefully I have given you everything you need. If there is something else please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you for all your help. Hope we can find the problem as I really like these campaigns.

dcs.log path.bat FirstMission.bat camp_status.lua camp_triggers.lua clientstats.lua oob_air.lua oob_ground.lua oob_scen.lua targetlist.lua

10 hours ago, grant977 said:

Grant, the line for pathsavedgames should be "pathSavedGames=Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\" 

8 hours ago, ZeroReady said:

Grant, the line for pathsavedgames should be "pathSavedGames=Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\" 

No, it depends on the version
Now the script accepts the 2 ways to write the path saved games

Edited by Miguel21

DCE_Manager

10 hours ago, Orestd said:

it's not easy to follow you

you change the campaign and thus the script version...

Well, here, with TF71 , the bug is that you gave "DCS open.beta" in path.bat, but "DCS" in the mission.

It must recreate the first mission with FirstMission.bat each time you change something in path.bat and/or after a new campaign installation (TF71 hornet is a new campaign, even if you have installed TF71 Tomcat, so you have to restart FirstMission.bat).

DCE_Manager

6 hours ago, Miguel21 said:

it's not easy to follow you

you change the campaign and thus the script version...

Well, here, with TF71 , the bug is that you gave "DCS open.beta" in path.bat, but "DCS" in the mission.

It must recreate the first mission with FirstMission.bat each time you change something in path.bat and/or after a new campaign installation (TF71 hornet is a new campaign, even if you have installed TF71 Tomcat, so you have to restart FirstMission.bat).

I am trying to see which campaigns work. The crisis ones still point f. I will resend those. Everytime I install I always do the first mission bat. Even after every campaign I click on first mission bat. I will uninstall everything and try again. Once I do if the problem persists I will send you the  logs and batch files.

oups, error ^^

Edited by Miguel21
Wrong addressee

DCE_Manager

30 minutes ago, Miguel21 said:

Your problem is different
it's just the DOS window that doesn't give any error message, and I don't know why.

Concerning DCE_Installer, I confirm that it does not work yet at the end of the mission ^^^

Sorry

Sorry for the confusion I should have stuck with one campaign. We should try and fix one problem before solving the next. Anyways I uninstalled everything then with the installer I reinstalled crisis over the Persian  gulf for the Hornet.  As soon as the installation was complete I ran firstmission.bat.  Then I ran the campaign. Still got the error and the log error states it is still looking in f. Now I am not sure what you mean that the installer does not work at the end of a mission. It looks like the paths are all correct in the path.bat. The falcon campaign for crisis works perfectly. I am baffled. Is anyone else having these problems or am I the only one.

dcs.log path.bat FirstMission.bat

Edited by Orestd

29 minutes ago, Orestd said:

Sorry for the confusion I should have stuck with one campaign. Anyways I uninstalled everything then with the installer I reinstalled crisis over the Persian  gulf.  As soon as the installation was complete I ran firstmission.bat. Still got the error and the log error states it is still looking in f. Now I am not sure what you mean that the installer does not work at the end of a mission. It looks like the paths are all correct in the path.bat

dcs.log 81.29 kB · 0 downloads path.bat 376 B · 0 downloads FirstMission.bat 242 B · 0 downloads

oops, sorry, the message from above was for someone else, sorry...

I found my error on DCE_Installer

I'll send you a patch later, until then, no need to test, it won't work ^^

On the other hand, it's strange that FirsMission.bat doesn't copy the address in the first mission.

Or you are already playing the second mission (DCS succeeded in validating the first mission).
To be sure to play the first mission, you have to click on "restart" the campaign, or something like that. (in DCS game)

If not, make a screenshot of Firmission.bat once the mission is created, it should look like this:

Capture d’écran 2021-02-14 195005.png

Edited by Miguel21

DCE_Manager

The first mission bat does display the correct path. This is very strange.

1 hour ago, Miguel21 said:

oops, sorry, the message from above was for someone else, sorry...

I found my error on DCE_Installer

I'll send you a patch later, until then, no need to test, it won't work ^^

On the other hand, it's strange that FirsMission.bat doesn't copy the address in the first mission.

Or you are already playing the second mission (DCS succeeded in validating the first mission).
To be sure to play the first mission, you have to click on "restart" the campaign, or something like that. (in DCS game)

If not, make a screenshot of Firmission.bat once the mission is created, it should look like this:

Capture d’écran 2021-02-14 195005.png

The firstmission.bat displays the correct path. this is really strange.Screenshot (1).png

16 minutes ago, RePhil said:

I am making progress I can final load mission but what does this mean image.png

This means that DCE cannot retrieve the information of the played mission.

To do this, it asks you to disable DCS's write protection by modifying the file
DCS World\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua
or
DCS Open Beta\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua

and to modify with Notepad++ while being in ANSI or UTF-8 (and especially not UTF-8 BOM)
To add 2 lines in front of the lines
--sanitizeModule('os')
--sanitizeModule('io')

As explained in the PDF that follows the campaign 😏

However, since each time DCS updates these lines return to their original state, I strongly suggest you use the OvGME utility that will do this with a simple click.
As explained in the PDF following the campaign ^^ 🙄

On 2/14/2021 at 3:38 AM, ZeroReady said:

Indeed, the script 20.38.01 does not take into account the path before "Saved Games".

I will try to make an automatic correction with DCE_Installer

Thank you ZeroReady

Edited by Miguel21

DCE_Manager

5 hours ago, Miguel21 said:

This means that DCE cannot retrieve the information of the played mission.

To do this, it asks you to disable DCS's write protection by modifying the file
DCS World\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua
or
DCS Open Beta\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua

and to modify with Notepad++ while being in ANSI or UTF-8 (and especially not UTF-8 BOM)
To add 2 lines in front of the lines
--sanitizeModule('os')
--sanitizeModule('io')

As explained in the PDF that follows the campaign 😏

However, since each time DCS updates these lines return to their original state, I strongly suggest you use the OvGME utility that will do this with a simple click.
As explained in the PDF following the campaign ^^ 🙄

Indeed, the script 20.38.01 does not take into account the path before "Saved Games".

I will try to make an automatic correction with DCE_Installer

Thank you ZeroReady

I am extremely bad with computers and changing things so on fear of getting the (what a dolt treatment) I have OvGME how to I make this to work with it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

1 minute ago, RePhil said:

I am extremely bad with computers and changing things so on fear of getting the (what a dolt treatment) I have OvGME how to I make this to work with it

DCE_Manager

16 minutes ago, RePhil said:

Sinon? tu comprends le Français? ^^

DCE_Manager

Hi Cef there seems to be a problem with the F-14 before the start of a mission. The tomcats damage each other on the deck before you even get into the cockpit. you have to restart the mission a couple of times to get so that they do not damage each other.

23 hours ago, Orestd said:

Hi Cef there seems to be a problem with the F-14 before the start of a mission. The tomcats damage each other on the deck before you even get into the cockpit. you have to restart the mission a couple of times to get so that they do not damage each other.

Hi
I had seen this problem before I switched PCs.
I think the causes are:
- PC configuration too right, at the beginning of the mission, the loading of DCS makes buggy the position of the wings of the F14 which "must" pass through the adjacent planes.
- wind or too fast CVN speed
- the CVN is running: it's worse

To set this up, without "changing PCs", try it out:
- to display the F10 view at mission launch
- lower the CVN speed in conf_mod
- do not ask the CVN to turn
- play Crisis Light missions
- restart the mission several times as you have already done, as it is already in memory, it bugs less when loading.

Edited by Miguel21

DCE_Manager

37 minutes ago, Miguel21 said:

Hi
I had seen this problem before I switched PCs.
I think the causes are:
- PC configuration too right, at the beginning of the mission, the loading of DCS makes buggy the position of the wings of the F14 which "must" pass through the adjacent planes.
- wind or too fast CVN speed
- the CVN is running: it's worse

To set this up, without "changing PCs", try it out:
- to display the F10 view at mission launch
- lower the CVN speed in conf_mod
- do not ask the CVN to turn
- play Crisis Light missions
- restart the mission several times as you have already done, as it is already in memory, it bugs less when loading.

Thanks for your reply Miguel. Not sure I know what I am supposed to do. Where is the conf_mod located?