It looks good, and it makes me think that all CVNs should be updated as well

Concerning the Prune Script, I'm more mixed, I have a lot of trouble to understand this kind of coding and I'm not quite sure to understand what it will induce to give a 400km distance to a SAM.
Will it prevent all units under 400km from being "pruned"?

• Like 1

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

On 9/19/2021 at 1:22 AM, Miguel21 said:

It looks good, and it makes me think that all CVNs should be updated as well

Concerning the Prune Script, I'm more mixed, I have a lot of trouble to understand this kind of coding and I'm not quite sure to understand what it will induce to give a 400km distance to a SAM.
Will it prevent all units under 400km from being "pruned"?

Actually I don't know lua script at all. lol I thought 400km was just a comment. Please modify it again for DCE.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:44 PM, Miguel21 said:

personally, if you manage to integrate Skynet to DCE, I don't see any problem, we'll see the answer of Cef

Well the main problem is to know if DCE will still be playable to medium config players and how Mbot's SEAD script will handle it ? Mbot's script is made to avoid first day SAM destruction with one shot/one kill Harm weapon ! SEAD missions per definition are made to supress SAMs while striking a near target... To destroy them you need to do a DEAD mission and DCE generates such missions logically in first days of the campaign.

Is Skynet able to avoid easy destruction like Mbot Script ?

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Hi @Miguel21,

not sure if it's just the F16 and/or the stable release however in DCS the waypoints are no longer located on the ground but at whatever elevation they're set at. The problem is that during strike missions the TGP slaves to the waypoint, which may be 15000ft above the target, making it useless. I used to change the elevation manually to 0 before takeoff, but that's a inconvenient.

So in ATO_routeGenerator I changed lines 582 and 590 like this and now I get the waypoint at a useful elevation (also the landing point should be at 0 elevation)

table.insert(route, {x = targetPoint.x, y = targetPoint.y, id = "Target", alt = 0})
        table.insert(route, {x = basePoint.x, y = basePoint.y, id = "Land", alt = 0})

I didn't see anything strange in the behaviour of other strike missions.

Is this a problem only for the F16? If not should these changes be implemented for everybody?

17 hours ago, bonfor said:

Hi @Miguel21,

not sure if it's just the F16 and/or the stable release however in DCS the waypoints are no longer located on the ground but at whatever elevation they're set at. The problem is that during strike missions the TGP slaves to the waypoint, which may be 15000ft above the target, making it useless. I used to change the elevation manually to 0 before takeoff, but that's a inconvenient.

So in ATO_routeGenerator I changed lines 582 and 590 like this and now I get the waypoint at a useful elevation (also the landing point should be at 0 elevation)

table.insert(route, {x = targetPoint.x, y = targetPoint.y, id = "Target", alt = 0})

Is this a problem only for the F16? If not should these changes be implemented for everybody?

Its a dcs wide problem, its the same for the hornet for example

On 9/25/2021 at 6:29 PM, bonfor said:

I believe that by doing so, you are ordering all AIs to fly at alti 0 for the target. Which is not really great for some missions.
Even if another script (customStrike, from memory) takes over this part

Ditto for the landing, if the waypoints are far away, you ask the AIs to fly at alti 0 between the second last and last waypoint.

I asked CEF several times for the alti of the wpt attack, he said that changing it in manual is part of the check pilot (or something like that)... ^^

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

I see. For the landing maybe a way point at the correct altitude could be added to represent the point where the descent is meant to start. Then landing could then be set to 0.

For the target what about using a similar trick where 2 way points at the correct altitude are set within 10m of the target, with the target set at 0 altitude? Would this work or the very intelligent AI will try to dive to the floor within those 10m🤣

2 hours ago, bonfor said:

I see. For the landing maybe a way point at the correct altitude could be added to represent the point where the descent is meant to start. Then landing could then be set to 0.

For the target what about using a similar trick where 2 way points at the correct altitude are set within 10m of the target, with the target set at 0 altitude? Would this work or the very intelligent AI will try to dive to the floor within those 10m🤣

I'll try to do differently for target (alti 0 for player only)
But I don't understand the problem of altitude at landing, how does it bother the player?

DCE_Manager

1 hour ago, bonfor said:

If you can give me a pointer as to how to get the player flight I can have a go at making the change myself if you're happy with that (and share it of course). 

For landing it's more like a nice to have, so never mind

ATO_FlightPlan.lua

try this file

hoping that it is compatible with your version of DCE (we work on more recent files)

• Thanks 1

DCE_Manager

thanks @Miguel21, I'll try and let you know.

I found an issue with the "campaign end" mission. I just updated to 2.7.6.13436 and noticed that in DCS you can show the campaign mission details. campaigns.png

The problem is that if you click on "show" for campaigns that are ended, DCS freezes and you have to kill it from task manager.

I discovered that the issue comes from the fact that the _ongoing.miz mission after the campaign has ended is empty. I opened one of the ended ones, added a ramdom plane, saved and then DCS wouldn't crash anymore.

Don't know why at campaign end all of the units are removed, but I suppose that if in DC_EndCampaign.lua the "remove units" section is disabled the problem would be solved.

in fact, Mbot wrote DCE like this, the info of end of campaign being displayed in the briefing of the last mission, empty of plane.

It worked very well before.
Well, apparently it's buggy now, and yes, he'll probably leave the player's plane or find another trick

DCE_Manager

I may have found an issue with the latest version of the scripts. I upgraded mid way through a campaign, and at the end of a mission I got this error when generating the next one :

error.png

I then compared the only previous version of the script I had in my backup and ended up commenting out all the lines [call] = true in the AddEWR function. I was then able to generate the next mission correctly.

Is this expected?

13 hours ago, bonfor said:

I then compared the only previous version of the script I had in my backup and ended up commenting out all the lines [call] = true in the AddEWR function. I was then able to generate the next mission correctly.

Is this expected?

ATO_ThreatEvaluation.lua

Ha?
In which campaign? Apparently, it is due to the way of finding a name for the JTAC
Did you change anything about this campaign?

If not, you can test the latest version of this file, but I'm not sure if it fixes the bug you had.

DCE_Manager

10 hours ago, Miguel21 said:

Ha?
In which campaign? Apparently, it is due to the way of finding a name for the JTAC
Did you change anything about this campaign?

If not, you can test the latest version of this file, but I'm not sure if it fixes the bug you had.

it's the afghan bear trap - Viper, by Eagle01. I updated it to the NG script as I think it's an awesome campaign (once I'm done playing it I'll ask Eagle01 to share it of course - just wanted to make sure it works). It all worked ok until I updated the scripts to 20.47.132 yesterday.

I'll let you know if the latest version of ATO_Threat... fixes the problem.

The file you attached has the same issue

I also tested the bit that sets the target and landing waypoint elevation to 0 and it works (I only copied the relevant snippet of code into the current version of the scripts, rather than using the whole file you shared). Thanks !

Edited by bonfor

4 hours ago, bonfor said:

The file you attached has the same issue

I looked at your campaign, indeed, it is not up to date ^^

I think Eagle didn't go through with the EWRs, I think it's missing what the DCE script is looking for:
- a callname
- a frequency assignment (even if it will be changed randomly later)

DCE_Manager

Hello~ Another question regarding the destruction of the sceneryobjet. If you look at the log file I attached, it is confirmed that 12 targets have been destroyed, but targets 11, 15, 17, and 20 are missing in the Debriefing file, and only 8 targets are recorded as being destroyed. The targets are 20EA hangars at Khalkhalah Airport. Similar problems occur with other targets. If you have a solution please let me know

MissionEventsLog.lua scen_destroyed.lua Debriefing 1.txt

Khalkhalah.png

Edited by noriyappi

On 9/26/2021 at 1:29 AM, bonfor said:

Hi @Miguel21,

How about doing this instead of 0? table.insert(route, {x = basePoint.x, y = basePoint.y, id = "Land", alt = basePoint.h})

On 10/5/2021 at 10:44 PM, Miguel21 said:

I looked at your campaign, indeed, it is not up to date ^^

I think Eagle didn't go through with the EWRs, I think it's missing what the DCE script is looking for:
- a callname
- a frequency assignment (even if it will be changed randomly later)

Hi @Miguel21 thanks. I fixed the base and ongoing missions and the problem has been fixed. Is there a list of requirements for the various units somewhere I can read? So I can make sure the base mission is setup correctly

Thanks 

8 hours ago, bonfor said:

Hi @Miguel21 thanks. I fixed the base and ongoing missions and the problem has been fixed. Is there a list of requirements for the various units somewhere I can read? So I can make sure the base mission is setup correctly

Thanks 

mmm, no, we didn't make a list.
But we have made some campaign maker aids.

For example, on the first mission, I have this as an error. Maybe you have to re-enter the base_mission, because of the new way of renaming units since 2.7.0 (they don't go through the dictionary anymore)

image.png

DCE_Manager

20 hours ago, noriyappi said:

How about doing this instead of 0? table.insert(route, {x = basePoint.x, y = basePoint.y, id = "Land", alt = basePoint.h})

It's planned in the next patch

image.png

DCE_Manager

21 hours ago, Miguel21 said:

mmm, no, we didn't make a list.
But we have made some campaign maker aids.

For example, on the first mission, I have this as an error. Maybe you have to re-enter the base_mission, because of the new way of renaming units since 2.7.0 (they don't go through the dictionary anymore)

It's ok.

"Afghan bear trap - Viper" works OK at my end with 2.7.6 and the latest released version of the NG scripts. I can generate the 1st mission OK and am halfway through. Note that I did have to update it to make it work. But this doesn't mean that I've updated it 100% correctly (as the error I was getting shows). Once I've finished it I'll make it public through Eagle01

Edited by bonfor

On 10/7/2021 at 9:29 PM, noriyappi said:

Hello~ Another question regarding the destruction of the sceneryobjet. If you look at the log file I attached, it is confirmed that 12 targets have been destroyed, but targets 11, 15, 17, and 20 are missing in the Debriefing file, and only 8 targets are recorded as being destroyed. The targets are 20EA hangars at Khalkhalah Airport. Similar problems occur with other targets. If you have a solution please let me know

I'm struggling to understand how this part of the code works.
But I'm looking for ^^

DCE_Manager