i have a problem with DCE_Manager. don't start/load. need some kind of other visual c++ version to start?

tested different versions of the app. tested in safe mode. run as admin. nothing. won't start.

Edited by muzica9

1 hour ago, muzica9 said:

i have a problem with DCE_Manager. don't start/load. need some kind of other visual c++ version to start?

tested different versions of the app. tested in safe mode. run as admin. nothing. won't start.

do you have an error message?

If not (I can't find it exactly) but I think you should:
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017

And at worst:

.NET framework 4.6.1

By the way, where exactly does the DCE_Manager you are trying to use come from?

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

thank you
sorry, I don't see what could be wrong.
In the meantime, you can always install in "manual" the campaigns.

It will be more complicated if, as I hope, DCE_Manager will manage to generate the missions without going through the DOS windows.

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

En 18/3/2022 a las 2:32, PB0_CEF dijo:

Crisis in PG-Apache-GC22.png

Special version with more Iranian opposition made for MP with my group (GC 22). Includes flyable Hind for MP... Waiting ED validation in user files ...

Hi @PB0_CEF, I was wondering if you further explain what points in the campaign definition do you modify or adjust to suit your desired difficulty.
For example, if you increase the amount and strength of the enemy ground and air assets, their AI difficulty or the type of weapons they employ.
And if you could comment it the case of this last campaign modification, it would be great.

Thanks for all the work you all do.
Cheers

4 hours ago, VictoriSV said:

Hi @PB0_CEF, I was wondering if you further explain what points in the campaign definition do you modify or adjust to suit your desired difficulty.
For example, if you increase the amount and strength of the enemy ground and air assets, their AI difficulty or the type of weapons they employ.
And if you could comment it the case of this last campaign modification, it would be great.

Thanks for all the work you all do.
Cheers

Hi
for the moment Cef doesn't have access to his computer, so I'll try to transcribe his idea (he'll take me back later if I say something wrong ^^)

It doesn't rule much but it places the units according to the power ratio considered as historical.
He does it a little bit by feeling.

To "refine" the difficulty, some players asked me for sliders of difficulty and duration of the campaign. It's a bit of a tinker and I don't have any feedback on it.

Why do you ask this question?
You find a campaign too hard/easy
or you want to modify/create a campaign to your liking?

Miguel

DCE_Manager

Hello a question! Yesterday I had my seventh mission in the Crisis campaign in Persian Gulf Apache.

In the 8th mission there were no opponents and no troops of our own and no AH 64 either, just an empty map!

I've since restarted the campaign! just wanted to know what to do if this happens again?

here ist this file DEBUG_DebriefMission.bat

DCE.png

is that the campaign is over and you did not get the information

How many missions did you play?

DCE_Manager

10 hours ago, airnox said:

7 and no information 😞

Can you provide me with the "Active" folder?
If it is possible?

DCE_Manager

On 4/3/2022 at 8:12 AM, airnox said:

Hello a question! Yesterday I had my seventh mission in the Crisis campaign in Persian Gulf Apache.

In the 8th mission there were no opponents and no troops of our own and no AH 64 either, just an empty map!

I've since restarted the campaign! just wanted to know what to do if this happens again?

here ist this file DEBUG_DebriefMission.bat

this is the kind of message you should have seen:

By the way, detailed information about the end of the campaign is available in the "lite" mission.

It is this "light" mission that you have seen.

But the end of this "lightened" mission can lead to errors as you have seen.

You just went too far ^^

To see if we can change this management of the end of the campaign, so that it is more ... concrete.

image.png

• Like 1

DCE_Manager

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Aspiteri9 said:

Hi all.  

Can anyone tell me if and how we can adapt a campaign designed for openbeta to release version?

I am specifically wanting to do this for F16 DCE campaigns.

Thanks

good question
have you ever tried it?

DCE_Manager

DCE_ManagerApplication.z

Hello to all
Here is a test version of DCE_manager

It is an application that installs (and thus, uninstalls), for those who had problems of crashing with DCE_Manager

For future evolution, it will also be necessary to place lua54.dll in the zip file, in the folder:
Windows/System32

I haven't managed to integrate it into the program yet, and I hope to, but for now, it works like this.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Thanks

ip

@muzica9

• Like 1

DCE_Manager

I have tried installing 2 campaigns, but they wont work.  I didnt realise until spending quite some time trying to install.

After much frustration I went back to the DCS user file section and realised they specifically say that they are for OpenBeta only 😞

One of them says Openbeta only but can be adapted for Realease version.  However I am yet unable to find anywhere that says how to "adapt."

I thought someone on here may be able to refer me to an appropriate post somewhere with the instructions. 🤞

4 hours ago, Aspiteri9 said:

I have tried installing 2 campaigns, but they wont work.  I didnt realise until spending quite some time trying to install.

After much frustration I went back to the DCS user file section and realised they specifically say that they are for OpenBeta only 😞

One of them says Openbeta only but can be adapted for Realease version.  However I am yet unable to find anywhere that says how to "adapt."

I thought someone on here may be able to refer me to an appropriate post somewhere with the instructions. 🤞

Did  you use DCE Manager provided with the campaign ?

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Fellas, I think Im getting this wrong.  

Do you think I have one of my links in DCE manager wrong in attached photo? 

How do i know i have them correct?  Are there any instructions for a real amateur such as myself?

With regards to Falcon in Caucasus, I get the attached photo too.  Can you tell what I am doing wrong?

Thankyou.

Fail to start Falcon in Caucasus.JPG

DCE manager.JPG

5 hours ago, Aspiteri9 said:

Fellas, I think Im getting this wrong.  

Hello,

Your paths look good,
First, I suggest you update ScriptsMod and start again

In a second time, can you give me the version of DCE_Manager and the version of ScriptsMod?

And can you also provide me with the complete Init folder?

Thanks

image.png

DCE_Manager

DCE_Manager_3.9.18.c.zip

Hi, testing with this version

Click on the Update/Reset button

Then the Init folder is (depending on your installation)
... ... ... Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Crisis in PG-Falcon\Init

Otherwise, if you can't find it, you can click on the campaign button in DCE_Manager

image.png

DCE_Manager