10 minutes ago, Miguel21 said:

I'll see what I can do,

But it is also necessary to integrate UTIL_AddPropAircraft
and
radios_freq_compatible

However, it is CEF which makes the loadout, and there, it is unavailable.

Understood. I'm not too worried about loadouts (I've been creating them locally for each campaign), and have found that for AI use just adding to UTIL_Data was sufficient. Is there a repository where I can contribute a pull request?

• 2 weeks later...

Theres a bug with eastern callsigns causing a crash in the latest version of DCS. looks like previously eastern callsigns were just a number, and western used a structure. Now DCS expects all to have the structure and fails to parse the file. Attached iATO_FlightPlan.luas a fix, drop into scriptmods.ng

~lines 290 ish

1 hour ago, ldnz said:

Theres a bug with eastern callsigns causing a crash in the latest version of DCS. looks like previously eastern callsigns were just a number, and western used a structure. Now DCS expects all to have the structure and fails to parse the file. Attached iATO_FlightPlan.luas a fix, drop into scriptmods.ng

~lines 290 ish

347.zip

I realise that I'm late for a release, but there are so many changes and corrections.

Here is the latest, this is a test and not a release.
I need to check it.

Otherwise, I'm surprised about the East camp callsigns.
In which campaign does this create a bug?

• Like 1

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

I tried with War on Tchad and Harriers over Cauc, as well as my own. In all cases DCS just hangs on loading the mission, and complains about that callsign not being a table (in the log). Seemed to be a change last DCS patch I think.

My campaign builder for DCE is nearly ready for public testing. Builds a fully functional campaign with sensible defaults from a simple dcs mission as a template. Allows friendly editing of most DCE parameters - targets, triggers, airbases, loadouts without touching any lua. Outputs a zip file ready for use with DCE Manager. 

image.png

Edited by ldnz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, ldnz said:

Theres a bug with eastern callsigns causing a crash in the latest version of DCS

After testing, I didn't have any problems with eastern callsigns, DCS hasn't changed that.

Are your bugs linked to a country that is normally in the Eastern bloc, that you have to switch to the West?

WestCallsign in data file

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

17 hours ago, Miguel21 said:

After testing, I didn't have any problems with eastern callsigns, DCS hasn't changed that.

Are your bugs linked to a country that is normally in the Eastern bloc, that you have to switch to the West?

WestCallsign in data file

I just tried with the 347 version you supplied and War on Tchad campaign. In DCS loading freezes with this in the log:

DCS version 2.8.5.40170, Multithreaded

Gets stuck here:

null

image.png

image.png

Edited by ldnz
dcs version

8 hours ago, ldnz said:

I just tried with the 347 version you supplied and War on Tchad campaign. In DCS loading freezes with this in the log:

DCS version 2.8.5.40170, Multithreaded

Gets stuck here:

Can you give me the mission generated?

DCE_Manager

the isWesternCountry function (DCS editor) is effectively restrictive. This would mean that the old ["callsign"] = 152 system still exists, but for purely Russian/Chinese countries.
If you have the old MissionEditor\modules\me_utilities files, I'm interested.

If not, does it bug when opening the mission in the editor? or also when loading in the game? (I don't have the DCS PC this weekend)

-- returns true if country is not russia and ukraine
function isWesternCountry(country)
    return not (
		 (russia 		== country) or 
		 (ukraine 		== country) or 
		 (insurgents 	== country) or 
		 (abkhazia 		== country) or 
		 (south_osetia 	== country) or 
		 (china 		== country) or 
		 (belarus 		== country) or
		 (USSR 			== country) or 
		 (yugoslavia	== country) or 
		 (GDR			== country) 

)
end

DCE_Manager

do you have a mod, or change anything in the db_countries file?

DCE_Manager

11 hours ago, Spartan111sqn said:

Any news on deadlines?

Thanks 

Hum ... it progresses well but I'm not able to give a precise deadline ... 2 more weeks ? 😋

To be more precise : OOB is nearly completed... Base_mission well advanced (if It's not overcrowded 🤔 )  I need to build few templates ... and few other things 😉

Edited by PB0_CEF
  • Like 1

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

20 hours ago, Miguel21 said:

do you have a mod, or change anything in the db_countries file?

Nope, nothing at all sorry. It fails on selecting the campaign and clicking load, and also fails on trying to open it in the mission editor. Looks like War on Tchad uses CJTF Red and Libya 

6 hours ago, ldnz said:

Nope, nothing at all sorry. It fails on selecting the campaign and clicking load, and also fails on trying to open it in the mission editor. Looks like War on Tchad uses CJTF Red and Libya 

OK, so we're going to use their data to find an east/west country.

Try this over several campaigns if you like:

UTIL_Data.lua ATO_FlightPlan.lua UTIL_Functions.lua

• Like 1

DCE_Manager

Hi all,

So I'm trying to install DCE with the latest installer (DCE_Manager_5_11_25_61) that I found in this forum post. When I run setup I get the following error message "Cannot download the application. The application is missing required files. Contact application vendor for assistance".

I did unzip the content to a folder on my hard drive before running setup.

Appreciate your help.

32 minutes ago, Jazz_44 said:

Hi all,

So I'm trying to install DCE with the latest installer (DCE_Manager_5_11_25_61) that I found in this forum post. When I run setup I get the following error message "Cannot download the application. The application is missing required files. Contact application vendor for assistance".

I did unzip the content to a folder on my hard drive before running setup.

Appreciate your help.

sorry,
there are two ways to "publish" this utility:
- one good one: local installation, CD type
- a bad one: installation via a website, which has never worked for me 🙂

And sometimes, publishing is done the wrong way, sorry

DCE_Manager_V5.11.26.62.zip

DCE_Manager

1 hour ago, Miguel21 said:

sorry,
there are two ways to "publish" this utility:
- one good one: local installation, CD type
- a bad one: installation via a website, which has never worked for me 🙂

And sometimes, publishing is done the wrong way, sorry

DCE_Manager_V5.11.26.62.zip 1.64 MB · 1 download

Thank you for looking into this. I downloaded the new zip file and extracted it but I get the same error message as before 😒

I'm including the error details as well if it helps.

DCE Error.txt

Edited by Jazz_44

34 minutes ago, Jazz_44 said:

Thank you for looking into this. I downloaded the new zip file and extracted it but I get the same error message as before 😒

this programme is driving me crazy ^^

Change this file in what you unzipped, and cross your fingers 😛

DCE_Manager.application

DCE_Manager

1 hour ago, Miguel21 said:

this programme is driving me crazy ^^

Change this file in what you unzipped, and cross your fingers 😛

DCE_Manager.application 1.89 kB · 0 downloads

Yes, that fixed it, thank you!

But, we are not done just yet 😀

Now that I run the installer I get this pop up first (Please select another server, this one is too long.), when I just ignore it I'm able to open the application, I set all the paths as instructed, but when I click the Install Campaign button I get another error screen (Unhandled exception has occurred...).

Any idea what's wrong?

I'm also including the error log.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Error2.txt

Edited by Jazz_44