recon script

sea2sky

I have a little recon script written recently, and been using it for a while, thought I would share it here. Here is how it works:

1. When there are enemy ground units in the radius of 10km around player's AC the script will output a message similar to this example:

"Recon: targets observed at

6, distance 4.5

5, distance 3"

- the message above means there are targets on 6 and 5 o'clock with the distances respectively.

2. A signal flare will be issued 500 meters away from the closest target within a radius of 10km.

3. When enemy unit is killed a message similar to this one is outputted, i.e.: "Recon: destroyed - BTR-80"

4. Recon takes place every 5 seconds. Messages go out every 30 seconds.

'Attach' script in the trigger window on MISSION START ---> DO SCRIPT FILE. Script will work for offline missions where player's unit either of type player or client.

recon_en.lua

Edited by sea2sky

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

Thank you! Will try this soon.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."