Game crash and slow frame rate in Epsom campaign

motjoo

Installed game on SSD. Big improvement. Playing Epsom campaign the game needs to be installed on SSD.

Thanks SiThSpAwN for pointing me in the right direction.

How much ram does your system have motjoo? If you have the SSD as a second drive, perhaps pointing the windows page file to use the SSD will help here also.

I just use the System managed page size when setting the new drive.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear your game is working well for you. I'm having poor frame-rate issues currently with the mission. I have 16GB of RAM and a GTX 980 but no SSD. I played with the mission editor and with less units on the 1944 map, things seem to clear up frame rate wise flying the Spitfire. Am I at a point where I need as SSD to play this now? I've included a screenshot of my settings. Any advise would be appreciated.

settings.thumb.jpg.9c9e1d75b5f484fd406e0198722409fa.jpg

Windows 10

Intel Core i5 4670k CPU 3.4 GHz

16GB RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

TrackIR 4

how is working --> reload radius ?

why reduce it ?

as

I was thinking more will be better ! ! !

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

Installed game on SSD. Big improvement. Playing Epsom campaign the game needs to be installed on SSD.

Thanks SiThSpAwN for pointing me in the right direction.

I moved my DCS World into a cheap SSD (US $80.00).

I did set up my page file on the SSD.

It works beautifully.

Mission 1 of the campaign is now perfectly flyable in my old rig (i7 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce GTX 970, 240 GB SSD). I get around 55 fps max, 34 fps min. That is without the "radio kill" option. If I use the "radio kill" option, I get around ~97 fps max, 50 fps min.

Eventually, I will have to upgrade. But I'm very impressed about how the SSD changed the game play for me.

Cheers,