Radio Comms Keys

Simicro

Hi,

So far I thought that " \ " shows the radio comms menu in all situations.

But recently I read that:

" \ " is to be pressed when you are on ground.
and

" Ralt + \ " is to be pressed in-flight.
Why are there 2 keys combinations for the same function?

Also I noticed that sometimes both keys do not work in flight. However I'm flying campaings at this time. Is it possible that the campaign's author forbid the use of the radio comms in some situations?

Edited by Simicro

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• ED Team

comms menu is for use on the ground only

in the air you should use the Push to talk / radio switch for the aircraft

it is easier just to map the aircraft's ptt key

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you BIGNEWY.

So I believe " Ralt + \ " is for Push To Talk.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync