This reference guide is a masterpiece!

GazAce

I just inadvertently found this reference guide and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. A truly magnificent effort in putting this together and I wish I found it 9 months ago. Fantastic effort Chuck, kudos to you man :thumbup:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-uSpZROuEd3NHp0SHZoTGpnUDA

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

These guy's have some cool one's if your looking for something more advanced.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php

Snoopy that post around here (A10 Crew Chief) put some of the checklist together.

Yep, All of Chuck's guides are cool, link in my sig.:)

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

These guy's have some cool one's if your looking for something more advanced.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php

Snoopy that post around here (A10 Crew Chief) put some of the checklist together.

Yep, All of Chuck's guides are cool, link in my sig.:)

Hey Dave, yea that's where I pinched it from smile.gif

I'm still looking for how to quickly get to my Ground Speed whilst Taxiing, I found it once in NTTR during that first Training missions of BD's but haven't been able to replicate and for something completely different.. sometimes when I switch from Auto WP stepping to Manual via my CDU by first selecting "other" with my Page rotary dial my right MFCD TGP goes blank and it doesn't come back after I return the dial back to it's normal position and I have to completely shut down those screens and reboot em which annoying. I've also got this problem of when I'm setting my DSMS towards the end of my ramp start. The things is, when I select GBU12 or CBU97 for that matter, then the profile and change it to CCRP then go out of that screen after saving, it shows CCIP? I have to keep repeating the steps a few times before it stays as CCRP. Asking too much? I couldn't find anything in my manual about this, only the procedure which I'm pretty sure I'm following correctly.. or am I? book.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Chuck actually did a lot of brilliant guides. They are fantastic as a quick start tutorial help or reference. :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Chuck actually did a lot of brilliant guides. They are fantastic as a quick start tutorial help or reference. :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

Yea totally, I just saw the others and it's amazing the amount of input he has dedicated, truly awesome. And Eureka! I just discovered what I was doing wrong re: setting up manual Waypoint step at Ramp Start, if anyone is interested or getting that blank screen like I was, what you do is leave the 'Page' rotary dial in the 'Other' position after you load the data to your cartridge then when it's loaded select 'FPM' on your CDU and change it to manual (top left arrow) then go 'PREV' and the TGP goes back to the prev screen waiting for your NAV to set, anyway phew! that was doin my head in lol smile.gif

Gaz, for Ground speed you can use the ufc. FUNC then press Hack, click osb7 (I think it is) twice & this should read ground speed. Alternatively use FUNC again & hit 0 on the ufc. Think it's osb 10 for that page to cycle speeds in the cdu.

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Gaz, for Ground speed you can use the ufc. FUNC then press Hack, click osb7 (I think it is) twice & this should read ground speed. Alternatively use FUNC again & hit 0 on the ufc. Think it's osb 10 for that page to cycle speeds in the cdu.

Ohh that's great, I love usin my UFC. I kinda figured out the other way or rather stumbled my way via my TGP and yes it's OSB10 but only if my CDU Rotary dials are in the correct pos you know, anyway thanks a bunch man, appreciate that and I'll be trying the UFC method when I get in tonight. And would you know or have you heard if any issues relating to changing weapon profiles via your DSMS, it seems every time I try and change my CBUs or GBUs from CCIP to CCRP I have to keep repeating the steps even after saving the profile and it's when I'm at the end of my Ramp Start and I checked all other systems are fine and finished the BIT, I'm stumped. :doh:

No bother ;) I have noticed the same issue on the dsms, with the gbu-12. I know it defaults to ccip, so change that in my startup, sometimes in flight I notice it's back to ccip, perhaps a bug? I have noticed sometimes when changing HOF on the cbu's it can go back to default too, even after load sym is selected..

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

No bother ;) I have noticed the same issue on the dsms, with the gbu-12. I know it defaults to ccip, so change that in my startup, sometimes in flight I notice it's back to ccip, perhaps a bug? I have noticed sometimes when changing HOF on the cbu's it can go back to default too, even after load sym is selected..

Phew! That's a relief, all this time I thought it was me :)

Very good mastersetter,thanks!

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb