Female pilots in DCS World

Spudknocker

Hello ED and community! My friend really loves flying in DCS and she was wondering why there aren't options for a female pilot voice over the radio. Is this possible? She knows she's in the minority but we thought it could be cool to have the option to change your pilot's sex and thus his or her voice on the radio. Could be a way to draw more players to the sim!

• Like 7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Not sure if this mod still works?

Female Voice for ATCs Mod

Would be cool if it was more standard in DCS, AWACS etc.

+1

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

It ought to be a feature. It would be great if things like ATC had a selection of voices, which were used randomly to give the impression you are dealing with different people too.

There are a great number of females within the armed forces these days, and we need a reasonable reflection of this across the board in DCS World. The next thing of course will be the need for female voice actors to do the work - Wags in drag just wouldn't cut it for me! :music_whistling: :music_whistling: :music_whistling:

We do however also need to prioritise stuff. I'd sooner see 2.5 first, as I am sure most of us would.

• Like 1

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Hello ED and community! My friend really loves flying in DCS and she was wondering why there aren't options for a female pilot voice over the radio. Is this possible? She knows she's in the minority but we thought it could be cool to have the option to change your pilot's sex and thus his or her voice on the radio. Could be a way to draw more players to the sim!

That's a good idea!!!

But why we cant use our own voice? That would be a nice feature.

We can use a list with some senteces, to speak with awacs, atc, etc.

And this as a voicechat, who anybody can hear me, who use the same frequency.

That would be a nice future dream! ;)

• Like 1

Intel Core i9 13900K; Palit GeForce RTX 4090; 64GB Kingston FURY DDR5

Steam | Discord | Twitch | YouTube | Instagram

I agree. Sims prior to DCS had multiple male and female voices, I don't see why DCS should not.

We do however also need to prioritise stuff. I'd sooner see 2.5 first, as I am sure most of us would.

I'm sorry but I don't get these comments in the wishlist items. No-one ever stated that a feature should be put in the game "right now", and even if they did, it is up to Eagle Dynamics and them only to decide when to implement something, if they will. Why is it we find these comments on almost every wishlist thread?

It noes not add to the discussion commenting that adding a feature now will postpone 2.5 or anything else for that matter. And resisting an idea only on the permise of "I don't want it because adding x now will postpone features that ED are implementing right now" In my opinion displays a lack of understanding what wishlist items are.

No matter what we wish for on the forums is not going to change the course of Eagle Dynamics developement process. It is a moot point arguing it would.

I find it strange that people resist good ideas because they fear Eagle Dynamics will jump on every wish dropping their current developement to chase short term customer satisfaction over long term building of their product.

And this was not aimed specifically at you NeilWills. I could make a thread of all the literally hundreds of times this happens.

I'm sorry about the off-topic.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

• Like 1

DCS Finland | SF squadron

I agree. Sims prior to DCS had multiple male and female voices, I don't see why DCS should not.

I'm sorry but I don't get these comments in the wishlist items. No-one ever stated that a feature should be put in the game "right now", and even if they did, it is up to Eagle Dynamics and them only to decide when to implement something, if they will. Why is it we find these comments on almost every wishlist thread?

It noes not add to the discussion commenting that adding a feature now will postpone 2.5 or anything else for that matter. And resisting an idea only on the permise of "I don't want it because adding x now will postpone features that ED are implementing right now" In my opinion displays a lack of understanding what wishlist items are.

No matter what we wish for on the forums is not going to change the course of Eagle Dynamics developement process. It is a moot point arguing it would.

I find it strange that people resist good ideas because they fear Eagle Dynamics will jump on every wish dropping their current developement to chase short term customer satisfaction over long term building of their product.

And this was not aimed specifically at you NeilWills. I could make a thread of all the literally hundreds of times this happens.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Exactly!

And back to the OP i think it would be great if we can not only choose the gender of our own character but if the current era campaigns and AI would reflect the actual proportion of female and male armed forces members

• Like 2

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

I support this! +1

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This would be cool. Also choosing a voice could have that voice transmit when talking to AI/ATC on multiplayer servers.

Putting in your own voice by recording all the WAV/OGG files is also a good thought. You could do this back with FS98 (one of the ATC addons). Being able to share voices would also be cool, like sharing skins.

• Like 1

I agree of course be aircraft are first but it also adds realism to the sim to have varied voices. It would be a very good option that would help retain more people who might like being able to mold their pilot to better represent who they are as a person, even having a couple male voices to choose from would be cool!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

i would hope people drawn to the sim are here for the aircraft, not the female noises.

What about immersion, eh? Feeling included? When I request take-off clearance from ATC I don't want to hear a male pilot voice...

Of course everyone is here because of the aircraft, but don't start pretending as if there are no female fighter pilots IRL, or that only men can be interested in technology and military aviation.

Edited by Elysian Angel
Some clarification...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

We dont need that for WW2 modules (all i care for atm),and to say that women are minority in this game is an understatement.

While all that may be true, I can't see where it would hurt for them to add this. And since women do fly in modern jets, the fact its not needed for WWII should not dissuade ED from adding a feature in a game that has been mostly modern jets to date.

• Like 2

female pilot voices are a different matter from female atc voices, since one of them is actively under player control and the other isn't.

considering the number of men online who enjoy masquerading as women, coupled with the scarcity of women in both actual cockpits and in game, i can only see the results of this option moving us ever further away from a realistic representation of the air combat environment.

Edited by probad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
We dont need that for WW2 modules (all i care for atm),and to say that women are minority in this game is an understatement.

It wouldnt be that out of place for WWII in some capacity either... especially as they need to build WWII comms from the ground up anyways..

14350853_1370558779625097_3665483007763939328_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM0NDI0NDM5MDQ0ODc0NTg1MQ%3D%3D.2

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It wouldnt be that out of place for WWII in some capacity either... especially as they need to build WWII comms from the ground up anyways..

14350853_1370558779625097_3665483007763939328_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM0NDI0NDM5MDQ0ODc0NTg1MQ%3D%3D.2

Indeed. I'd also like to add that when Russian WW2 aircraft are implemented it should be a high priority to provide female voices to represent a particular group of units....

Edited by Nerd1000

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

I know where you're coming from with this. My point wasn't to knock the suggestion, but simply to point out it is a great idea that's definitely going nowhere - at least for the foreseeable future. ED are always listening, but they can't always act. That's all. You will notice in the same post my agreement that it is a must, and needs to be implemented.

Sithspawn - that female pilot was a ferry pilot - a brave woman no doubt nevertheless. In WW2 - at least in the UK and I believe the USA - women were never allowed front line roles, and so wouldn't have been heard over combat zones in the way they are today..

Edited by NeilWillis

+1, there should be women pilots' voices...

There are active service pilots that are women in most air forces, and although women are in the minority here, given that I've seen a couple o occasions where regular forum contributors have 'outed' themselves as women after a long period of everyone assuming they were male, there may be more women playing than is immediately obvious.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are more English speaking women playing than German speaking men.

An ATC mod is not the same thing - ATC's are s support role, not active pilots.

re:

i would hope people drawn to the sim are here for the aircraft, not the female noises.

I suspect the fact that you say "female noises" not female voices probably says worlds about you...

Also, why could I not swap 'female' with 'English' in your comment and not have it be equally true ?

Plenty of English speakers prefer to play with Russian voices - why waste time that could be used developing FM's implementing something as trivial as language customisations ?

• Like 1

Cheers.