Female pilots in DCS World

Spudknocker

It'd be worth considering. I'd really be curious to see how much work is involved, I'm inclined to think not much but I'm not willing to just say it isn't as there's more to it than just putting in new sound files.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Na, a few years this was a fair consideration however there are much bigger fish to fry. 

Female inclusion in DCS is of no importance to gameplay. Nobody will benefit from it, development pace will slow further to accommodate this request. If anyone is suffering delusion from the male pilot model you can modify textures to your hearts content. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

7 minutes ago, al531246 said:

Female inclusion in DCS is of no importance to gameplay.

Maybe, but for some people this is not just a game, it's a simulator, and I'd like to have the option to choose the gender of my pilots and to also hear sometimes female ATC, Tankers and fellow AI pilots, amongst the male voices.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

the only real argument I could see against including female voices is that would require Eagle to put in code to make sure they are used correctly for the period the mission is set in. Right now I would like to see Eagle open up the voice APIs so we can at least have more languages. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, al531246 said:

Na, a few years this was a fair consideration however there are much bigger fish to fry. 

Female inclusion in DCS is of no importance to gameplay. Nobody will benefit from it, development pace will slow further to accommodate this request.

What counts as a bigger fish is always subjective, many could very easily benefit from a new voice option, as having voices from different nations helps to make the AI radio calls a little more interesting. I also don't really see what it's going to slow down when it's fairly independent from the rest of the sim.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files