MIST 'respawnGroup' function no longer working

SW0RDF15H

After hours of testing, it seems safe to conclude that the mist.respawnGroup function no longer works as intended. If your 'respawnable' aircraft units are placed on the airfield or runway, when they do respawn, they do so in mid-air over the position that they were placed in.

No matter what I try and do, nothing will force them to respawn on the airfield. This is particularly frustrating as it means a lot of the missions I've made will not work properly either, as the respawn function is very popular and most of us mission designers use it a lot.

Example .miz can be found here: https://we.tl/CrdnVvVONx

(AI units will start on airfield and be destroyed after 5 seconds, then respawn at 10 seconds in. And you'll notice they're already flying over point when they do respawn).

The function was working fine just a few months ago when I released my last mission to the community. So is this a bug in the latest version of 2.1?

Check out my F15C BFM & ACM Training Missions:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2167735/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EDIT: Turns out I missed the 'true' boolean from the respawn function. Units will now respawn on the ground as expected...

But this creates a new issue. The AI units refuse to respawn in their original positions. They seem to shift to seemingly random parking spots. This strikes me as a bug also. Control over the AI in the parking position is pretty important for missions development.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Check out my F15C BFM & ACM Training Missions:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2167735/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Currently you do not have control over where an AI group spawns on an airbase. Its been reported as a bug for some time.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects: Scripting Wiki, Something...

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread), SLMOD, IADScript, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 4 weeks later...
EDIT: Turns out I missed the 'true' boolean from the respawn function. Units will now respawn on the ground as expected...

Can you expand on this a little? Which value were you missing/setting incorrectly?

I am looking at the MIST respawnGroup docs and the correct use of the boolean value is not clear to me :-)

I see what the delay does but I don't understand the boolean.

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/RespawnGroup

Fridge

----------

Things which do you no good in aviation:

1) Altitude above you;

2) Runway behind you;

3) Fuel in the truck;

4) The airspeed you don't have.

Boolean is a simple true/false test. That function has an optional second value which is used to re-assign the task to the group when they respawn. If the value is anything then the task will be assigned when the group spawns. If it is missing or false the task won't be assigned. If the value passed happens to be a number then it will spawn the group and wait however many seconds to assign the task to the group. So with the following functions this will be the result with a ground group.

mist.respawnGroup('whatever', true) > Group spawns and starts following route

mist.respawnGroup('whatever', 60) > Group spawns and waits 60 seconds before following route

mist.respawnGroup('whatever') > Group spawns and won't move as it has no task.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects: Scripting Wiki, Something...

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread), SLMOD, IADScript, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum