Mixing diffrent AG weapons

shab249

From what i saw you cant mix 2 diffrent weapons like mk82 and mk82 snake eyes but can someone make it more clear for me?

Because i tried to combine 2 diffrent bombs (gbu 24 and 2 12's) and it worked and then tried to mix mk 82 snake eyes with the rockets and it worked too so...

You can't/shouldn't mix AG stores that have different uses CCIP/CCRP (Mk 82 is CCRP, Mk 82R is CCIP). It's not that the weapons won't fall off and explode but a limitation of the aiming. I don't know if Mirage is this way but in older planes the aiming computer is a box which bolts into the avionics bay and to change aiming you had to unbolt the box and bolt in a different one.

GBU-24/GBU-12 are almost if not identical in how they are treated, both CCRP, the ballistic calculation box in the plane similar if not the same.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can mix a CCIP rocket and a CCIP bomb type because the Mirage has enough avionics bay slots for both at the same time.

It would be nice to get an approved load section in the manual.

You can't/shouldn't mix AG stores that have different uses CCIP/CCRP (Mk 82 is CCRP, Mk 82R is CCIP). It's not that the weapons won't fall off and explode but a limitation of the aiming. I don't know if Mirage is this way but in older planes the aiming computer is a box which bolts into the avionics bay and to change aiming you had to unbolt the box and bolt in a different one.

GBU-24/GBU-12 are almost if not identical in how they are treated, both CCRP, the ballistic calculation box in the plane similar if not the same.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can mix a CCIP rocket and a CCIP bomb type because the Mirage has enough avionics bay slots for both at the same time.

It would be nice to get an approved load section in the manual.

Maybe but i dont think so (the unbolt part) because its from the 80's and even have fly by wire so the computer can probably do both but interesting information because i never heard about that. In which old jets they did it?

I have mixed the two different Mk82 bomb types and both worked fine - but the rockets installed on the OB pylons wouldn't fire.

Was stoked to think we could go out with a munitions mix and fire rockets and drop bombs....oh well.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe but i dont think so (the unbolt part) because its from the 80's and even have fly by wire so the computer can probably do both but interesting information because i never heard about that. In which old jets they did it?

I can't remember exactly but it is older like MiG-19, MiG-21, F-86 type stuff. Because of the need for nuclear warfare hardening and specific design you'd be surprised how bulky, task-specific, and antiquated some of the avionics boxes are even in more modern planes. An airplane which is introduced in 1984 may have been in development for 10-20 years before so it will seem older than household tech of similar year.

I don't think Mirage has physical LRUs for different ballistics exactly but there is some physical exclusion happening like software loaded or switches behind panels. I think you're alright so long as you don't mix CCRP and CCIP type weapons or freefall and forward firing external weapons.

You'd be surprised how shitty the hardware and software are even on 5th gen planes like the F-22 and F-35. As in "software so shitty the plane shuts down when passing the date line", and "hardware so shitty the avarege PC is N times more powerful".

You'd be surprised how shitty the hardware and software are even on 5th gen planes like the F-22 and F-35. As in "software so shitty the plane shuts down when passing the date line", and "hardware so shitty the avarege PC is N times more powerful".

It happens. Remember, these military boxes takes years to develop. If it was developed when pentium-100s were current, they'd make them with those (hardened versions) and by the time the plane is put into service those cpus (and other electronics) are woefully outdated compared to consumer goods. You can't just replace the components because it likely won't work. Source: My father is an engineer who designed weapons systems for the military.