Cold Start - Start switch question

EngineerFalcon

Hello,

Just started learning the Viggen. There is something odd about the cold start procedure.

The manual and tutorial mention that the Starter switch should be "held for two seconds". At first, I assumed that this meant "flicking the switch to On, then to Off after two seconds". However, this fails to start the engine. The switch has to be left On, and returns itself to Off after the engine is started, as seen in the official Cold Start video.

I'm not sure if this is the correct behaviour for the switch (in which case the "hold for two seconds" indication is very confusing), or if the switch's implementation is still in progress.

Could someone clarify?

Other than that, I'm very impressed by the quality of this module - Bravo to Heatblur!

IIRC, in the SFI (pilot's manual) for the real plane it says to hold the button for 2 s, after which it will be mechanically held in place. So the implementation is correct except that you don't have to hold the button (to me this is more of a design decision as opposed to a matter of fidelity).

Edited by alftand