Agressor radar/RWR

Arekushi

Hello,

Is it possible to have an option to set the F-18 as "Agressor" ? By that I mean that the signal from that F-18 would read "Mig-29" or "Some kind of ennemy aircraft". (I believe the actual F-16 and F-15 in the 64th do that IRL).

It would allow more flexibility for PvP (and PvE) for people that do not own other modules or do not want to fly other aircraft.

Thanks,

Aru

Interesting one, but quite niche, not seen that request before so it isn't common. So I have to ask, how do they do that IRL? I thought that the RWR only gave the signal based on the specific type of radar emision, so can it handle distinct airframes or would all radarsof type X then display the same indicator - like the 29 symbol is shown for multiple radar types afaik? If it's the later, it's moddable but not configurable without a restart of the game and removing the mod (by simply changing the icon in the mod)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

They use a pod, I always have trouble remembering the name/designation but you can normally see it on centerline station of Aggressor F-16.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Never mind, this just simulated enemy jammers AFAIK

AN/ALQ-188

Overview. The AN/ALQ-188 (V) is the USAF dedicated Electronic Protection (EP)

training pod system. The Advanced Capabilities Pod (ACaP) is a dedicated aggressor

training asset based at Nellis AFB and Eielson AFB. The ALQ-188 was developed to provide

aircrews the tools necessary to enhance the probability of mission success and survival in a

hostile Electronic Attack (EA) environment. The ACaP was procured to provide additional

EA training.

7.2.1. The AN/ALQ-188 simulates known EA threats for aircrew EA/EP training and

weapons system development. It can also emulate observed and postulated threats for

research and development, weapons system evaluation, and operational flight program

validations. The AN/ALQ-188 aircrew handbooks and user’s guides are available on the

53 WG SIPRnet website “ewtoolbox.eglin.af.smil.mil” under the handbook’s pull down

menu.

7.2.2. The AN/ALQ-188 (V) is a fully programmable EA training pod capable of

generating up to 30 noise/deception EA techniques. It is lightweight, and flight-certified

to aircraft stores limits on the F-15/F-16, with a mean time between failure (MTBF)

exceeding 300 hours. It has both forward and rear transmit and receive antennas that are

controlled from the cockpit by a C-9492A/B Control Indicator and the AN/ALQ-213(V)

Countermeasures Set (CMS).

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.e-publishing.af.mil%2Fproduction%2F1%2Facc%2Fpublication%2Facci10-707%2Facci10-707.pdf

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

This could be interesting! I have always hoped that ED or anyone else making RED FLAG campaigns would use F-16's, F/A-18's, F-15's and F-5's as the bandits instead of actual Flankers, Fulcrums and Fishbeds (Oh my!)

It would even be very cool once we get heatblur's F-14's to use Tomcats as aggressor Allycats or MiG-25's!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Any pictures?

C-9492A/B Control Indicator what does it look like?

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Any pictures?

C-9492A/B Control Indicator what does it look like?

Nope

I don't know

To whom it may concern,

Interesting one, but quite niche, not seen that request before so it isn't common. So I have to ask, how do they do that IRL? I thought that the RWR only gave the signal based on the specific type of radar emision, so can it handle distinct airframes or would all radarsof type X then display the same indicator - like the 29 symbol is shown for multiple radar types afaik? If it's the later, it's moddable but not configurable without a restart of the game and removing the mod (by simply changing the icon in the mod)

RWRs etc. can display whatever they're told to display. IRL the threat libraries are not hard coded but can be (and are) loaded based on the requirements of the operators. It is common to have separate threat libraries for training and combat operations. And combat threat libraries/mission data can be, and is, customised for individual operations depending on the order of battle.

In short, if you tell the RWR that the radar signal from a blk 30 F-16 is a MiG-29, or anything, that's what it will display. And there are other things that can be tweaked as well.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

You know they do that because they don't have real enemy hardware

If you say so fella. :D

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

this ^^^

Allowing such option would help not having a 25 vs 2 on PvP servers. Not all players have MIGs or Flankers and not all players know how to fly them properly.

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

If you tell RWR to show signal from APG-73 as Mig-29 then it's going to show all friendly hornets as Mig-29s too. I guess in DCS you could cheat around that based on coalitions, but IRL you would need to modify aggressor hornet radar so RWR can tell the difference, maybe they have done that idk.

this ^^^

Allowing such option would help not having a 25 vs 2 on PvP servers. Not all players have MIGs or Flankers and not all players know how to fly them properly.

wtf? What kind of bs logic is this? rwr signature has never stopped players flying redfor f-15s, and it has never stopped players from stacking blue either, because people who insist on roleplaying "the good guys" aren't going to fly red no matter what.

in mixed type servers this will have to be disabled because it's straight up deceptive, advertising the fa-18 as a different aircraft that can actually be encountered.

If you tell RWR to show signal from APG-73 as Mig-29 then it's going to show all friendly hornets as Mig-29s too. I guess in DCS you could cheat around that based on coalitions, but IRL you would need to modify aggressor hornet radar so RWR can tell the difference, maybe they have done that idk.

You can change the output from the radars from the airplanes so the RWR can differentiate Bob from Bill even if they are both in F-18s. Such tactical plane radars need to be different anyway so they can tell apart your returns from your wingman's.