DCS Failed to Retrieve Data

So yesterday my buddy and I finally were able to get back on and do some flying together well at least attempt to. Everything was working smoothly and I was able to open my server back up for us to do some shennanigans on. I hit save and my game froze. I am able to log in before the game starts just fine after the new update however, I go to click on module manager and says "Failed to retrieve Data, An error occurred while receiving data, try later./"

I have tried repairing DCS, I also uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same thing.

I have no idea what else to do and I really need someone to help me out BADLY!

Below I have attached my logs.

Logs.zip

• ED Team

Hi

We can see some errors in your log

Have you modified your install at all or are you using unofficial mods?

I would recommend a cleanup if you have not already, if that does not work delete your MissionEditor folder in dcs root and your dcs saved games and run a repair

A guide for cleanup can be found in my sig

00016.023 DEBUG LuaGUI: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_waitDsbweb.lua"]:76: attempt to index global 'sImage' (a nil value)

GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_waitDsbweb.lua"]:76: in function 'updater'

[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>

stack traceback:

[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>

00016.023 ALERT LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_waitDsbweb.lua"]:76: attempt to index global 'sImage' (a nil value)

00017.373 DEBUG LuaGUI: ----setAutorization true

00026.235 DEBUG LuaGUI: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_modulesmanager.lua"]:1196: attempt to index global 'ModulesNew' (a nil value)

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_modulesmanager.lua"]:1196: in function 'createPanelsInstall'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_modulesmanager.lua"]:510: in function 'refresh'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_modulesmanager.lua"]:643: in function 'setAutorization'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_modulesmanager.lua"]:1514: in function 'verifyAuthorization'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_modulesmanager.lua"]:620: in function 'show'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/MainMenu.lua"]:148: in function 'onChange'

[string "./dxgui/bind/Button.lua"]:22: in function 'callback'

[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:330: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:325>

stack traceback:

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_modulesmanager.lua"]:1196: in function 'createPanelsInstall'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_modulesmanager.lua"]:510: in function 'refresh'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_modulesmanager.lua"]:643: in function 'setAutorization'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_modulesmanager.lua"]:1514: in function 'verifyAuthorization'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_modulesmanager.lua"]:620: in function 'show'

[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:330: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:325>

00026.235 ALERT LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_modulesmanager.lua"]:1196: attempt to index global 'ModulesNew' (a nil value)

00028.925 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No I haven't modified anything just simply have modules and went to create a "new mission editor" for us to use for my server to mess around on literally the only thing i added were 4 planes and some fuel trucks and then it stopped working after I hit save.

Can you walk me through a cleanup?

I saw your tutorial but mine is using Powershell instead of Command Prompt CMD and it's saying:

DCS_updater.exe : The term 'DCS_updater.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or

operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try

again.

At line:1 char:1

+ DCS_updater.exe cleanup

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (DCS_updater.exe:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command DCS_updater.exe was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: ".\DCS_updater.exe". See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.

PS D:\Program Files\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin>

Edited by DarkAngel11

• ED Team

if you are using powershell type cmd to switch to command window

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No need to walk me through it lol. I just went straight to your suggestion about deleting the Mission Editor in both places and running a repair and all is well now!

Thank you BIGNEWY, everytime I have posted about a problem you have been there to help out!

Is there a way I can give you a rating or something?

• ED Team
No need to walk me through it lol. I just went straight to your suggestion about deleting the Mission Editor in both places and running a repair and all is well now!

Thank you BIGNEWY, everytime I have posted about a problem you have been there to help out!

Is there a way I can give you a rating or something?

I am always happy to help were I can

the forum uses forum rep which you can find on the left of the post ( a little red icon with a plus and minus ) users usually give me some rep and a message of thanks :)

• 2 months later...

mod manager broken

Hi

We can see some errors in your log

Have you modified your install at all or are you using unofficial mods?

I would recommend a cleanup if you have not already, if that does not work delete your MissionEditor folder in dcs root and your dcs saved games and run a repair

A guide for cleanup can be found in my sig

I have the same problem, so Thank You for telling us what to do !!