Multiplayer BK90 Bug

Sartarius

That depends on what you mean by bug. If you mean that there's a big explosion instead of submunitions, that's just the way it is for now. As far as I know there are limitations within the DCS framework that hinders it from working like in real life.

If you mean something else that is a bug, you will have to elaborate more.

Hi,

Yes i mean the big Explosion in Multiplayer...

But why the Problem is only in Multiplayer and when I'm no host.

If I Host the Game and in Singleplayer there is no Problem with the BK90.

Maybe someone can explain why its working in Singleplayer and not in Multiplayer?

Regards

Multiplayer BK90 Bug

It has to do with limitations placed on clients (I guess as an anti-cheat measure) in DCS. Almost same thing with the roadbases. We're working with ED on the issue.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

So, I believe there is at least one bug in MP with the BK90. If you pickle two of them quickly at two targets that are quite close to each other, the first explosion kills the second bomb I think. I haven't tried this in a while but it did mean I had to re-engage a target area a bunch of times to get all four BK-90s off.

Ive tried to test the BK 90 Today.

But i the Comuter wont calculate acourse for my Viggen.

I can enter the LO/LA and after the takeoff the Course is set just in front of me.

Coordinates are set corectly.

I also cant Set the Waypoint from B2 to M2.

Tact - 9 - B2

and its still B2...

Bug appears since the last patch.

Regards

Edit.

After some Testing i think i can enter the Waypoints but I cant select them by hitten the buttons B2 or B3 etc.

It shows all time B1 in the Display.

Apparently the Swedes never carried more than two at a time because they cause too much drag and effect flight adversely. So I never carry more than two on inside wing pylons. I notice that if I carry some IR missiles on inside fuselage pylons with BK90 on inner wings , one of the sidewinders will fire when I try to launch BK90.

I think that is a bug... I just carry rb24j on outside wings but this does limit rb74 carried with BK90

Apparently the Swedes never carried more than two at a time because they cause too much drag and effect flight adversely. So I never carry more than two on inside wing pylons. I notice that if I carry some IR missiles on inside fuselage pylons with BK90 on inner wings , one of the sidewinders will fire when I try to launch BK90.

I think that is a bug... I just carry rb24j on outside wings but this does limit rb74 carried with BK90

What about the other way round? RB74 on the inner wings and BK90 on the fuselage pylons?

Ive tried to test the BK 90 Today.

But i the Comuter wont calculate acourse for my Viggen.

I can enter the LO/LA and after the takeoff the Course is set just in front of me.

Coordinates are set corectly.

I also cant Set the Waypoint from B2 to M2.

Tact - 9 - B2

and its still B2...

Bug appears since the last patch.

Regards

Edit.

After some Testing i think i can enter the Waypoints but I cant select them by hitten the buttons B2 or B3 etc.

It shows all time B1 in the Display.

Works fine for me, just saying.

- Set LO/LA, IN, put Coords, Out, switch to TACT, IN, 9, Select waypoint, Out, go back to AKT POS and click W2 and it should be M2.

*Tested in MP server.

Edited by VincentV

• 6 months later...

Hi Everyone!

BK 90 is still buggy in multiplayer! I've tried it today and still makes only one big detonation instead of spreading the submunitions. I could deliver with no problems, but obviously no real damage for the abovementioned reason.

When will Heatblur finally adress the problem? It's as old as the whole module! What are the latest news about improving Viggen in 2.5?

The latest news where something like:

"We told ED and we are working on a fix together."

No date given for a possible fix. Also, for todays update there was no official post about the Viggen yet.

No surprise! Looks like they handle the module like it's ready and needs only some adjustments. BTW I think BK 90 would be one of the most effective systems on the Viggen. Too sad...

• 2 months later...