Cold start, help please

Lenux

I purchased this aircraft 2-3 months ago but didn't have much time to play with it

Today i watched this video about how to start - cold start, and i don't understand from 5.23

What am I doing wrong ??

I do exactly as he describes

Any advices are welcome, thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I purchased this aircraft 2-3 months ago but didn't have much time to play with it

Today i watched this video about how to start - cold start, and i don't understand from 5.23

What am I doing wrong ??

press and hold the Home and Delete button at the same time, then with your left hand hit M to put the mixture knob forward as the engine sputters

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

What am I doing wrong ??

Make sure the engine is primed, make sure the magneto's are on, make you have fuel flow and that's all you need. Also have the engine RPM knob at full forward

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

Okay, i have it. Thanks, guys.

But it's pretty hard to control this aircraft when i try to take off.

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Okay, i have it. Thanks, guys.

But it's pretty hard to control this aircraft when i try to take off.

use the trim wheels on the left. Rotate the front large trim wheel forward until the hole is visible, rotate the smaller wheel to the right until Port is facing upward. Thats the best TO trim IMO.

Here's one of my vids, start at 1:10 and watch the trim wheels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WbBPS87vZY

and as razo+r said, it takes practice, so stay determined and adamant.

By the way, i will soon order the MFG Crosswind

Do you think, it's gonna help a lot with WW ll aircrafts when take off?

Thank you

PS : Ja, ich weiß, Übung macht den Meister :)

No trim no spécial stuff to do but smooth actions.

Once line up on runway if you may arrive upto this position without difficulty?

Take care about your alignement and roll a bit to be sure.

Now let your pedals neutral and stick middle and neutral.

Push throttle upto 8 on boost,no more.Check out your RPM,have to be 3000 t/mn.

Let your aircraft rolling and accelarate slowly.

Once rolling push your stick forward to make the tail lift up.

You will see that it's more easy to control yaw and maintain alignement with the runway.

Maintain position about three or five seconds and the plane will take off himself without any other action.

When airborne push if you want the throttle full forward,even if it's not necessary.Adjust your rpm to 2650 t/mn and your boost to 8 or 9.

That's it

One last word don't use flaps to take off.

see you next:)

By the way, i will soon order the MFG Crosswind

Do you think, it's gonna help a lot with WW ll aircrafts when take off?

Thank you

That's the stuff I have.

It's not going to be an immediate game changer, but in the long run, definitely. This thing is just awesome.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16