opening PDF in game files

gazmonalpha

Hi,

I would like to view PDF files during missions which I see can be done,

Could anyone tell me how I do this, do I need to download any programs etc

many thanks

Gazmon

System Specs, Core i7 950 OC 4.2Ghz, 1.5TB Hdd, MSI GTX 980 Ti, 24GB Ram, WIN 10 64 Bit, 1000w PSU ,Trackir5, Thrustmaster Warthog:)

Just get a good PDF reader (like the Evince or web browsers like Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge) and then just need to press alt-tab to switch between it and game.

If you really want to go fancy and even easier, just buy a second hand or some cheap (good one) 80-120€ 7-10" tablet and use it just sole PDF reader. It is far far nicer to be able pick-up a 7" tablet and reader the PDF on it.

If you have very specific pages, like checklists or radio frequency/airport maps, get them printed and just use as is.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Are you looking to put the PDF's on the in game kneeboard? If so this app HERE is the best way, if you just want to add a few pictures, this HERE could be enough for you.

If you want to just view PDF's in a web browser, I did a quick video HERE on a Firefox plugin, that keeps the web browser on top of the sim, when in window mode, this also allows you to view PDF's, watch videos and post on the forum too.:)

I use two monitors now, this would have been handy when I only had one.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 3 years later...

'ALT TAB' to read PDF files in game.

Just get a good PDF reader (like the Evince or web browsers like Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge) and then just need to press alt-tab to switch between it and game.

Sometimes the simplest solutions are best but hardest to think of and painfully obvious.

Been wracking my brain on how to read some these excellent aircraft manuals in DCS. This will make learning new aircraft much easier.

Canadian 🇨🇦🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧. DCS World Open Beta 2.7. 

Aircraft: Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst. F/A-18C Hornet, F-5E3 Tiger II. Flaming Cliffs: F-15C, Mig29, Su27, Su33, Su25, A10A. Community aircraft: A4 Skyhawk, T45 Goshawk, A29a Tucano, MB339, J39 Gripen, Hercules C-130. Assets and Maps: US Super Carrier, WWII Assets Pack. Maps: Caucasus, Channel, Mariana Islands, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria. Simulation computer system: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT, 64GB memory, 2x 1TB M.2 SSD, 1TB SSD, 32" Samsung monitor. 🍁 [updated Jan07 2022]

You can put pdf files on the kneeboard. Look at the third party utility Kneeboard Builder for an easy path to doing that. Each pdf page becomes a kneeboard page. I'm not sure I would do it with a 300+ page manual, however!

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals