Visible Pilot Body

Deano87

Hey all,

I play mostly in VR and I must say that I find it much more immersive when I have a visible body in the cockpit. I know it can be irritating sometimes and blocks switches etc but I have it set to one of the switches on my warthog so I can hide it if I need to. I would really like to see a Pilot Body make it into the F-18 at some point. Not saying it needs to be there for release but it would be nice to see that ED are considering it.:megalol:

Cheers

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I too like pilot body, but honestly - I don't know if it's all that practical on modern jets where you have a lot of buttons/switches. Neither A-10C, Mirare or Viggen have pilot bodies (and I think Mig-21 doesn't either). Perhaps making hands semi transparent?

Like I said I know it can be annoying as they do block buttons but it has a huge effect on the feeling of "being there" in VR for me. Its always an option you can turn off or easily toggle mid game if you want to (as I do sometimes). Also once you've started up etc most switches buttons should be on the Hotas or on the UFC/MFDs infront of you which wouldn't be blocked by a pilot body and/or his arms.

If you don't like it you can turn it off but I'd much rather have it as an option than not. It really helps sell the size of the cockpit in VR and also makes it feel less like you are some kind of poltergeist flying the aircraft and actually a person.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I too like pilot body, but honestly - I don't know if it's all that practical on modern jets where you have a lot of buttons/switches. Neither A-10C, Mirare or Viggen have pilot bodies (and I think Mig-21 doesn't either). Perhaps making hands semi transparent?

The Mirage has pilot body. But F-15, A-10 and Leatherneck/Heatblur aircraft don't.

I agree that I never bothered with pilot body in 2D, but it greatly increases immersion in VR. I just quickhide it if I need to press something obscured by it, which doesn't happen very often.

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

That could look awkward. If you mouse has extra buttons, just assign the "toggle pilot body" shortcut to to one of them.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Some good ideas here! :thumbup:

Proud owner of:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know VR very well but the one time I got to demo it in a flight simulator the hands arms and head moved flawlessly with my hand motion. It made it very easy to see displays that were blocked as I would just move my arm out of the Way as you do in real life. I would like to see this eventually make its way to DCS. You could even pass hand signals to your wingman in the demo as the hand motion was extremely accurate and worked flawlessly. Maybe DCS already has this as is haven't tried VR except that one time with an oculus rift.

Viggen is getting a pilot body.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194358

For now, enjoy some screenshots of a heavily work in progress Viggen pilot coming for your in-cockpit view! High detail pass is still pending (and some inaccuracy issues and fixes)

Sincerely,

Heatblur AJS37 Team

attachment.php?attachmentid=170341&d=1507303170

The Mirage has pilot body. But F-15, A-10 and Leatherneck/Heatblur aircraft don't.

I agree that I never bothered with pilot body in 2D, but it greatly increases immersion in VR. I just quickhide it if I need to press something obscured by it, which doesn't happen very often.

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

Can ED just make a body that disappear when the cursor goes over it? and of course re-appear after

:thumbup: Nice idea.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed.. Would be really nice to see it in the A-10 as well.

Proud owner of: