MiG-29 high Fidelity Flight Model?

mytai01

Has it received the high Fidelity Flight Model yet?

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Lets hope so!

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• 2 weeks later...
Can't wait to fly the Fulcrum with a proper FM.

+1

I still hope that there is a possibility to get an in dept DCS-Module of maybe an early export version of the Mig-29. Would love to see the polish version of the 29G :D

Nevertheless it will be interesting to see which improvements - cockpit animations and nav panel - will come with the PFM overhaul. Would be a nice christmas gift :pilotfly:

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

+1

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi mytai,

The MiG-29 has had its 3D model and cockpit updated in the past couple of years but it is still using the SFM.

The Su-33's PFM update is nearly complete from the looks of things, at which time I think we can expect ED to take a look at the Fulcrum's flight model! :)

Can't wait to fly the Fulcrum with a proper FM.

I can't wait for it either. :smilewink:

I just hope they bring back the different cockpits for each version of the Mig rather than leaving it where it is with all 3 models using the S variant cockpit. The G cockpit should have German written in it rather than Russian. :P It also needs an East German skin. :D But I do like the fact it says "Shoot" and "Left/right engine fire" in German now. :thumbup: When I last used it (a year ago) it was only speaking in English. :P

• Like 1

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

I can't wait for it either. :smilewink:

I just hope they bring back the different cockpits for each version of the Mig rather than leaving it where it is with all 3 models using the S variant cockpit. The G cockpit should have German written in it rather than Russian. :P It also needs an East German skin. :D But I do like the fact it says "Shoot" and "Left/right engine fire" in German now. :thumbup: When I last used it (a year ago) it was only speaking in English. :P

The 29G has an partially english labeled cockpit ;)

12a184197ce3d327e5c0113d2b3bdbf9.jpg

1261653.jpg?v=v40

But it definitely should have an own cockpit :thumbup:

The 29G has an partially english labeled cockpit ;) ... But it definitely should have an own cockpit :thumbup:
Yea, you know, it's mine. :D :D

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

The 29G has an partially english labeled cockpit ;)

12a184197ce3d327e5c0113d2b3bdbf9.jpg

1261653.jpg?v=v40

But it definitely should have an own cockpit :thumbup:

Ah, that I didn't know. :P I figured a German aircraft would have German words. :doh: Makes me wonder what the first migs East Germany had displayed in their cockpits. :D Would it be Russian then? I doubt the Soviets would put English in the planes for their associated republics. :smilewink:

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Specifications:

Ah, that I didn't know. :P I figured a German aircraft would have German words.

A mix of English and German is used in the MiG-29G cockpit.

English panel decals, text on warning lamps and text messages on the Aekran, while the voice warning system is in German(don't know if it was changed after Poland bought them).

Additionally some instruments are either swapped out(e.g. pressure altimeter) or re-calibrated for the imperial system. There are also changes to other equipment(e.g. the radio).

Makes me wonder what the first migs East Germany had displayed in their cockpits. :D Would it be Russian then? I doubt the Soviets would put English in the planes for their associated republics. :smilewink:

I don't know, but it was probably in Russian, but I guess the German voice warnings could be a leftover from the GDR days.

JJ

Ah, that I didn't know. :P I figured a German aircraft would have German words. :doh: Makes me wonder what the first migs East Germany had displayed in their cockpits. :D Would it be Russian then? I doubt the Soviets would put English in the planes for their associated republics. :smilewink:

I suspect it was all in russian.

I am sure ED will deliver an accurate depiction of the 29G at one point

English panel decals, text on warning lamps and text messages on the Aekran, while the voice warning system is in German(don't know if it was changed after Poland bought them).

Additionally some instruments are either swapped out(e.g. pressure altimeter) or re-calibrated for the imperial system. There are also changes to other equipment(e.g. the radio).

I don't know, but it was probably in Russian, but I guess the German voice warnings could be a leftover from the GDR days.

I suspect it was all in russian.

I am sure ED will deliver an accurate depiction of the 29G at one point

Well, I guess the plus side of having been a Soviet republic was being multi-lingual. :P

I really hope they do accurately depict the cockpit of all the migs (especially the G). :thumbup: It's really strange to be in the A, G, or S and not seeing any difference except if attempting to use the ECM. :P

Modules:

Owned:

Would Like to See:

Specifications:

Thanks for the additional information on the voice warning system - i didn't knew that. I thought it was changed from russian to english in the transition process after the german reunion and incorporation of the migs into nato service - like the mentioned radio and iff-interrogator changes - so thanks for the clarification :thumbup::thumbup:

@Kelpie yeah definitely - in the end it would be amazing to fly a DCS-Level polish 29G in Red flag vs the Bug or the Turkey over NTTR

Well, I guess the plus side of having been a Soviet republic was being multi-lingual. :P

I believe(maybe Pasquale1986 knows more), that in GDR schools, learning Russian was obligatory. Thats why I can imagine that the MiG-29 cockpits weren't re-labelled in German(or English for that matter).

I really hope they do accurately depict the cockpit of all the migs (especially the G). :thumbup: It's really strange to be in the A, G, or S and not seeing any difference except if attempting to use the ECM. :P

Exactly - and when you consider that the MiG-29 versions in DCS aren't all that different to each other(compared to other/newer versions), it makes having 3 different versions rather pointless if the differences that do exist aren't properly depicted :)

JJ

Thanks for the additional information on the voice warning system - i didn't knew that. I thought it was changed from russian to english in the transition process after the german reunion and incorporation of the migs into nato service - like the mentioned radio and iff-interrogator changes - so thanks for the clarification

You are welcome :) . You are right that, in the NATO context, it would have seemed more logical to also change the voice warnings to English. Thats why I think it may have been a leftover from the GDR days, that the Luftwaffe just found useful(or cool) to keep - but I don't know.

I said that the MiG-29G cockpit has a mix of English and German, but as you know, there are also quite a few things that are still labelled in Russian.....so quite international :) .

JJ

in East German Service the plane was in russian, like any other planes from russia the NVA/LSK used even GCI spoke in russian.

That's what i thought, too, but i don't have any sources on that, so neither can condfirm or deny and i didn't grew up on the dark side of the moon. So thanks for the info 1stBEAST.

It will be interesting to see, how ED approaches the Mig-29 overhaul. In the russian forums is a nice intense thread on this topic, that is quite readable with google translate:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114418

in East German Service the plane was in russian..

Thanks - yes I expected as much.

..like any other planes from russia the NVA/LSK used even GCI spoke in russian.

So the German voice warnings in the MiG-29G are not likely to have been an LSK modification, but actually introduced by the Luftwaffe after the reunification?

JJ

I always understood it was a part of the LW "G" modifications as they did a number of safety related modifications.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 1 month later...

A time frame would be nice. I’d gladly take even a yearly frame, 2018 ? 2019 ? Later ?

When the PFM will be out, can we expect a MiG-29 subforum too ? It is the only plane who lacks one.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

When the PFM will be out, can we expect a MiG-29 subforum too ? It is the only plane who lacks one.

The subforum is for the separately released FC3 modules, which happens once they receive a 3D cockpit and the AFM so there's no reason not to expect the same with MiG-29.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

A time frame would be nice. I’d gladly take even a yearly frame, 2018 ? 2019 ? Later ?

ED can't even predict a yearly frame for their releases, they missed their own predictions a few times in the past. Better assume that they just occasionally happen.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro