Broken Kneeboard in viggen

philstyle

Is the Vioggen Kneeboard still broken for others in 2.1.1 (i.e. missing images etc.)

This seems to be the case at least for Normandy Map.

Also, the ground/ terrain radar shows no terrain in normandy. Does it actually "read" the ground live or is it just using pre-programmed map data to "see" what is below the pilot?

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Is the Vioggen Kneeboard still broken for others in 2.1.1 (i.e. missing images etc.)

This seems to be the case at least for Normandy Map.

Also, the ground/ terrain radar shows no terrain in normandy. Does it actually "read" the ground live or is it just using pre-programmed map data to "see" what is below the pilot?

The radar uses a true raycaster to cast rays. It is not a "prebaked" solution.

I believe some kneeboard fixes were just completed.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

You need to use radar in log mode IIRC and play a bit with the gain in order to see some terrain features. It's not easy and needs some training, but it's possible, also in Normandy. What the algorithm they use still misses is the detection of individual big objects like bridges or runways - but I hope they will find a fix in the future.

Regards

kneeboard not working for me in latest update 1.5.7?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...

For me the kneeboard looks broken too. Attached are a couple of pictures, if i open the kneeboard i see some placeholder texture? I saw this texture on some 3d models(not viggen) aswell, have to check it again. If i open the kneeboard i see what picture kb1 shows, also if i move to the right through the kneeboard until i reach picture 3 kb3. If i switch left i can see what is shown in picture 2 kb2. The pages from picture 3 kb3 to piture 4 kb4 are fine.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 1 month later...

Bumping this because I'm having the same problem in 2.5 with missing maps for NNTR and Normandy. Also had it with 2.2.

In addition, the Viggen is the one plane that doesn't seem to play well with the Kneeboard Builder app right now (not that that's necessarily Heatblur's problem).

Bumping this because I'm having the same problem in 2.5 with missing maps for NNTR and Normandy. Also had it with 2.2.

In addition, the Viggen is the one plane that doesn't seem to play well with the Kneeboard Builder app right now (not that that's necessarily Heatblur's problem).

Caucaus map is now missing as well.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Same for me kneeboard is missing caucasus, nevada and normandy maps, and yes i hope that finally custom kneeboard pages will work, because of codes for the various weapons

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden