Stuttering is still a big issue in the new patch 1.5.7.8899.335

Its still stuttering, every 3 secs, almost like a run-time loop is getting hung on something.

The less units I put on the map the less pronounced it is, the more units , the more pronounced (the stutter gets a lot more accentuated), running the server locally, the stutter is also pronounced less, than connecting to a remote server.

Its almost like the run-time for updating the units through the netcode is getting hung up on something every 3 secs, I had to bring the units on my server down to 400 from 1100, I had 1100 units running buttery smooth on 1.5.6

I spent a good 3 hours trying different configurations, no sams, with sams, no boats, with boats, etc etc, it really didn't change anything between the changes, it was specifically based on unit count. An empty map seem to run smooth.

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

Iam running with about 500 units

Only recently have a I used spawning AI ground units and gave them road way points to follow (only 10 vechs) , but I noticed some weird warping of aircraft when the flew close to the moving ground units

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Iam also noticing warping issues with this new 1.5.7 build, the previous 1.5.7

was not as bad as this for stuff warping about the place

eg su-25t flying side ways when near ground units moving along a road

helicopters stopping mid air for a few seconds

@NEWY , are there any more start-up options when launching DCS that

will output more information into the server logs? (might help narrow down whats up with this new build)

With the latest 1.57 update it got even worse than previous 1.57. I especially notice it when looking around, when it loads in new objects/terrain etc. It gives these very strong jolts in performance, almost like the entire system freezes for a split second. In VR its very noticeable, cause the screen tears, like half/half render image/black screen.

To see if this was indeed just a local issue, I installed Open Beta and rolled that back to 1.5.6.5199. Using the exact same settings, the exact same sandbox mission, I did back to back test, with different modules.

Overall performance is much better in 1.56. The framerate is higher, the fps dips are smaller, and the loading terrain/objects stutters are much smoother.

The fps dips I encountered in 1.57 was 90 to 35'ish, where in 1.56 there were 90 to 60'ish. Goes so fast, so hard to catch an exact number. In 1.57 I run 45 fps a lot more than in 1.56. Again, hard to put a number on it.

If I was to put a number on it, Id say 1.57 is running at around 75% of the performance of 1.56, and add to that, those massive jolts when streaming data from disc.

This was all done in VR btw.

Edited by Knock-Knock
  • Like 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I can confirm this, flying a Huey on Blue Flag. I monitored my GPU usage and CPU, the framerate dips exactly every 2s and this corresponds with the GPU usage falling and the CPU temperature increasing. This strongly suggests there is something that runs every 2000ms on a timer that uses quite a bit of CPU.

• Like 1

I can confirm this, flying a Huey on Blue Flag. I monitored my GPU usage and CPU, the framerate dips exactly every 2s and this corresponds with the GPU usage falling and the CPU temperature increasing. This strongly suggests there is something that runs every 2000ms on a timer that uses quite a bit of CPU.

I can also confirm these periodical FPS dips about every 2 seconds (very regular)

I see it when flying the MI-8 and doing cargo runs

Just did a quick test in 1.57, with one of my sandbox missions, flying the Mi-8.

Now Im in VR, so fps reading isnt very exact. But I think this is related to radars - or units searching. Initial part of the flight, all seemed normal. But there Im still hidden by hills. Then I pop over the hills, and I start seeing this 2-3 second cycle going. Back down to hide, and its normal again. Back up, fps drop cycle comes back. Back down, and turn around 180 degrees, so I face a lot of objects, just to rule that part out, fps solid. Up, still facing the opposite way, fps drop cycle appeared.

I wonder if we have some of the line of sight code in 1.57 now, where units cant see trough trees, objects, terrain etc, and this in its early stage, is causing some nasty cpu hits in Caucasus, due to a lot of hills and what not.

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Nothing new. This issue is exactly the issue that was reported initially. Every 3 seconds a frame dip ... Have a careful look at the video:

-3Uh-eRexYo

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

I can also confirm these periodical FPS dips about every 2 seconds (very regular)

I see it when flying the MI-8 and doing cargo runs

Ditto, I was flying the MI-8 in MP, and get the every 2 seconds stutter. (Minor, but still noticeable). In SP, I don't have it. the Chopper fly's real smooth.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 2 months later...

This was the 1st thread I came across during my search. I stopped flying DCS about 6 months ago, and I was flying nice and smooth on my now older gaming rig, I have since built a new rig and set all my settings to what the other gaming rig is set for. Although the frame rates are about the same as on my older PC, averaging about 40-60 FPS with Helios running, I am getting the same frame rates on my new gaming rig, but its very non fluid, jerky, choppy, whatever you want to call it? Now I cant run DCS on my older PC to make a comparison, but its is a VERY noticeable annoyance compared to what ever version of 1.5 I was running about 6 months ago. I will continue to search for answers though,,, must be something I can do to cut down on this jerky stuttering?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

yep, the stuttering feature was introduced in dcs 1.5.7

1.5.6 works fine (I have both installed and can choose which to run)

I stumbled across this, VERY informative! The last post provides the link on how to have DCS set the affinity cores,, I am just reading of this and have not tried, just passing along

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

This is a bandaid, not a solution

What is the solution? If it is waiting for something to change from DCS, and there is nothing you can do on your end except suffer through stuttering, why not use it? Are you experiencing stuttering? If so, what was your fix? I realize after reading alot, not everyone suffers, but for those of us that are, its VERY annoying! I'm just looking to do what I can to smooth it out.

Nowadays DCS can use more than 1 or 2 cores, for loading resources e.g. so you'd only be reducing performance (if you have more cores available).

I'm sorry! my bad.. Couldn't express myself.I tried that it didn't help.. May be for more stable version i could say it would help but 1.5.7 is a nightmare.. Sorry again.

What is the solution? If it is waiting for something to change from DCS, and there is nothing you can do on your end except suffer through stuttering, why not use it? Are you experiencing stuttering? If so, what was your fix? I realize after reading alot, not everyone suffers, but for those of us that are, its VERY annoying! I'm just looking to do what I can to smooth it out.

In every update something working previously is broken.It doesn't help every time messing with the system.Like Drexx said it's just a temporary fix.

Try disabling vsync in the game put an autoexec.cfg in your saved games folder and limit your fps there.Can help.May be.. I hope:smilewink:

Edited by Ryback

Personally, I do not have these problems but I feel for those that do.

What I would like to know would be are the devs and testers seeing these problems on their systems? If not, what are their specs, settings, solutions?

Sure, it may not work for everyone due to so many variables but I am not sure I have ever seen any of them share their specs, settings, solutions if they have one other than Big N.

If in fact there is a problem inherent in a particular build, they should be open and share that with us?

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Yeah, thats part of the problem, its not common to everyone, so its that much more difficult to not only try to find the cause, but also any recommendations. I have scoured the forums, there are MANY contradictions, and to make it even more difficult for me personally, I dont really understand what alot of these settings do and how they effect anything. So its difficult for me to read something and have the ability to acknowledge if it makes sense or discount it as a non impact item?

Personally, I do not have these problems but I feel for those that do.

What I would like to know would be are the devs and testers seeing these problems on their systems? If not, what are their specs, settings, solutions?

Sure, it may not work for everyone due to so many variables but I am not sure I have ever seen any of them share their specs, settings, solutions if they have one other than Big N.

If in fact there is a problem inherent in a particular build, they should be open and share that with us?

I might be wrong but from what I see I think this comes down to a cultural difference between the devs and the majority of the customers who are used to and expect devs being open about certain issues (at least up to a point). We dont't understand why they can't be open about it, they don't understand why they shoudl be open about it.

Yeah, thats part of the problem, its not common to everyone, so its that much more difficult to not only try to find the cause, but also any recommendations. I have scoured the forums, there are MANY contradictions, and to make it even more difficult for me personally, I dont really understand what alot of these settings do and how they effect anything. So its difficult for me to read something and have the ability to acknowledge if it makes sense or discount it as a non impact item?

+1

Also, let's not forget that some of us do not have the time to search the forums and fiddle with different settings/fixes.