Rift, position inside cockpit keeps changing

sea2sky

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if it is a bug or just a nature of VR+DCS. Basically, what I'm experiencing is that a position inside a cockpit is changing once in a while. For example, I've finished flying a mission, and position was fine. Next time I start another mission, and it is shifted to the right or left. Re-centering does not help. I found a way to fix it, but it is annoying - I would have to go and edit snapviews lua every time, and then adjust it via numpad keys. Also, I'm using only one sensor. Should I may be connect the second one as well? Any ideas?

Thanks!

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

I don't use a Rift (yet). But if the snapview keeps getting changed I would make the file read only.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Yes I get this also, seems to happen when I take the Rift off for what ever reason. I just put Rift back on and look forward press num pad 5 to recenter and all good to go.

Not sure if DCS or Rift update but it's not a big deal and easily sorted.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

exactly what I do. hit the number pad 5, and it'll center.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if it is a bug or just a nature of VR+DCS. Basically, what I'm experiencing is that a position inside a cockpit is changing once in a while. For example, I've finished flying a mission, and position was fine. Next time I start another mission, and it is shifted to the right or left. Re-centering does not help. I found a way to fix it, but it is annoying - I would have to go and edit snapviews lua every time, and then adjust it via numpad keys. Also, I'm using only one sensor. Should I may be connect the second one as well? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Do you have 'User Snap-view' enabled in your options?

only ONE SENSOR !!! why that ??

plug the second one ;)

I mapped a bouton in direct X ; on my gaz ; to VR center

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

When I first launch DCS and get into the cockpit, I hit VR-Re-center button to get my view from within just right. I never have to touch it again until I exit out of DCS and launch it again. So only first time after launching DCS do I really need to do this.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Guys, I got it with numpad 5 of course, but my story is different. It is not the angle that keeps changing, but it rather gets shifted left or right. It is like if you apply RCTL+RSHIFT+numpad 6 or 4.

I don't use a Rift (yet). But if the snapview keeps getting changed I would make the file read only.

That is what I'm going to do. But how in the world the snapview would get changed on its own??

Do you have 'User Snap-view' enabled in your options?

Yes, I do. May be I should re-center/re-adjust all modules and then turn it off.

VR drift is normal, I will say that its less noticeable in native Oculus Home games.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

I don't know. I don't think I've ever experienced drift with CV1. Maybe re do the calibration of the sensor(s)?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1