F-15C The Georgian War Campaign Feedback

• 3 months later...

Just found this forum after bigging up the campaign elsewhere.

Best flight sim I’ve had in decades, about half way and the ROE work is great.

Kudos!

Considering A10C module + your campaign but it would be far better if you did a KA50 one....(hint)

I’ve got a rotary heart really. I’ve a few ideas and resources for missions if you’re ever wanting help from a 0 technical guy.

• 6 months later...

What an amazing campaign. The voice recordings throughout made it seem like being a real F-15C pilot during a real conflict. There is some interesting information to learn by listening to the conversations between the Flight Commander (the Player; you) and the Wingman. The mission code was flawless and the map is all Fog of War which makes it interesting. Some missions were very challenging and I had to learn the hard way not to go head to head with the MiG-31 FoxHound. The Georgian War campaign module for the F-15C made my DCS World experience so worth the hours I put in learning to fly, navigate, land the aircraft, and operate the radar, read the RWR, and utilize the weapon systems. I would say this is a must have for anyone who has the F-15C or Flaming Cliffs 3 modules. Thank you much to all those who put this awesome campaign together.

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

• 7 months later...

Finally found the time to complete the campaign and all I can say is, that it was absolutely awesome. Had a blast playing it. just the right amount of difficulty and very interesting missions. Scripting, VoiceOvers etc. worked perfect. Thank you very much!

• Like 2

Hey guys,

I just finished my first ever campaign and it was this. I am spoiled. OMG. I am coming from Prepar3d/Xplane/MSFS2020/FSX world and finally DCS Campaigns have what I am looking for. OMG what fun this was.

I did buy all the planes you guys have campaigns for including Raven One (I got carried away in the sale).

Flying in VR was fun and challenging at times and could not see the HUD in last mission when flying into the Sunrise from the airport lol (again this is VR).

Thank You for you campaign. It truly was my first complete DCS experience and now to big complex planes

• Like 3

Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Baltic Dragon's campaigns are very good. I bought this one specifically so I could replace the F-15 by an F-16 (same as what I did with the default F-15C campaign by ED - since I have no interest whatsoever in FC3), but sadly I couldn't do that with this one, since the files are protected.

Ah well, let's hope we get a full-fidelity F-15C at some point in DCS, and a version of this campaign to support that module 🙂

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Hello All,

I finished this campaign today and wanted to post to say how much I enjoyed it - everyone has done a fantastic job, thank you so much 👏  I particularly liked the way the campaign was closed out at the end too.

I didn't run into any major problems other than a couple of minor/random trigger issues as posted in other threads, and voiceovers cutting each other off in a few places due to (unlucky) timing.

In the cases where my wingman was shot down, I often found myself opening up the mission file and extracting the audio files to see what chit-chat I might have missed. The banter between the player and wingman were always interesting, informative and fun 😀  The delivery of factual information about the conflict through the conversations and mission briefings was fascinating (and saddening) too.

I've been flying DCS on and off for years but the only other campaigns I have finished so far are the less combat-orientated helicopter campaigns. Despite being technically proficient in the A-10C and Ka-50 in terms of flight and the operation of weapons systems, I consider myself poor and somewhat inexperienced in an actual combat environment. So I usually find any campaign a baptism of fire where I struggle to get past the first mission (especially as I don't like to play with labels or F10 map icons). In this respect, it was nice to jump into the F-15C and fly some missions more akin to the simulators of the 90's, which were less in depth than DCS but still engrossing. I don't consider myself a great air combat pilot either, but I knew most of the BVR theory and read the F-15C manual, so the obstacles were not too great to overcome. I do enjoy focussing on one aircraft at a time and learning it well.

Thanks again to all involved 👍

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Georgian War + DCS F15 were my gateway drug and I just replayed this campaign after playing the first time last year. What a blast! Tons of fun and I loved how varied the missions were given the F-15's focus. Somehow I neglected to leave feedback the first go-round, but now that I'm reasonably competent I have to say I enjoyed it even more than I did the first time last year. A few broken triggers here and there but nothing mission breaking and everything worked great and campaign has held up very well over the years despite the numerous DCS updates.

DCS + Georgian War is what I recommend all my friends who want to get into DCS! I hope you two team up again for another campaign in the future.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Just finished this campaign, it was absolutely a gas!

Wizard was great, I use the chatter feature in Voice Attack/VIACOM Pro, so I was hearing Red Flag chatter from Goliath in the background also.

I especially liked the mission when the AWACS called off station for an engine problem (I have over 2,000 hours in the E-3 in the 1980s/90s and usually it was a radar/computer problem that would cause us to call off station :-). 

Will probably purchase the F-18 Hornet next so when I get proficient with it will look forward to trying out the Raven One campaign.

Thank you for not requiring an AAR for the final mission (haven't quite mastered that yet).

Great work guys, keep it up (maybe a US vs Iran?).

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Late in the party but just finished the campaign and I really enjoyed what was done!

Love the voices recorded and how immersive ( and a pair very challenging) the various missions are, especially for a rookie like me. I'll like a similar campaign for the A-10A, but imagine that as a low fidelity module there're not chance I think...

Anyway many thanks foe all the job done!!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...