Mustang prop planned to be changed?

The Black Swan

I know this has been brought up before, and that it has to do with the new lighting.

But have the devs ever said whether they plan to make the prop more visible (like the spitfire) or are they content with it the way it is?

Is it on the planned list of fixes or is it realistic for a mustang prop to be harder to see?

It would be great if they could change it before they finish that P-51 campaign they are working on for Normandy!

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

It would be possible to make a mod for the propeller. However, I don't know about passing the integrity check. Apparently it checks for texture changes, because my P-51 tire tread mod won't pass the integrity check anymore. I will see what I can do, maybe, unless there's already something out there for it.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, there is something I have noticed when comparing the props of the Mustang and the Spitfire. While running, the prop of the Spitty is three dimensional, because I can see it has width from the side. With the much older Mustang, however, the prop vanishes because it's unrealistically two dimensional, and kind of flattens out to a thin line from the side. That's my opinion about a bug for the Mustang's propeller. I'll see if I can reduce the transparency of the prop. God bless YouTube and it's abundance of videos!

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh gosh, don't get your knowledge of how the prop looks from the YouTube videos. Or any videos for that matter. Camera sees the spinning prop differently.

To the human eye, a spinning prop looks like a faint disk much like in the Mustang, it's the spitfire prop that looks incorrect.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I can that case, I'll try the Spit. Too bad, I only came here once I had changed it. Made it look darker and more visible, and I was just going to actually reduce how visible they were (because I thought I had overshot my mark, but) Damn...

[ATTACH]168111[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]168112[/ATTACH]

Well...Spitty then. I already goofed with the propellers a bit with it. It's um...different!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh gosh, please no. Please leave the 'Stang's prop alone. The Spit's prop is overdone, costs 10 FPS, and looks like a black disk from a distance.

The spitfire is more realistic than the invisible one on the mustang. Maybe not the black disc from a distance, but definitely from inside the cockpit.

I just hope ED will look into tuning it soon

Zach the links don't work for me.... :(

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

I have though the LOD's on the mustang aren't very good, after not very far you loose all sight of gear, prop and position lights

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

The spitfire is more realistic than the invisible one on the mustang. Maybe not the black disc from a distance, but definitely from inside the cockpit.

It's not invisible (that's another DCS bug), but to the pilot it's barely visible, unless the sun shines at correct angle and reflects in the blades. It also shouldn't flicker, it spins too fast for that.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro