Su-33 Scripted Take-Off

hellking

I could not find the answer to this question anywhere...

The current take off with Su-33 feels scripted. Almost feels like there is a script that keeps the nose and aircraft up for a few seconds after take-off. Then it suddenly shuts down, and you have to pick the nose up and raise it high enough that the aircraft doesn't go into the sea.. The issue is that it doesn't feel natural at all...

Is this a special mode of the aircraft, or simply due to inaccurate physics model during take-off? Will this be fixed?

And here I always thought that was the upward momentum imparted by the "ski jump" falling off. I've never noticed anything like that, when taking off from a runway.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok! I must admit I got what I asked for with the new update :). But now I fail on Su-33 aircraft carrier take-offs in my own previously designed missions. (I can land and take-off with ease in the quick start FC3 mission). Is this a bug? Anybody else?

EDIT: Forgot to say that

1) I put the flaps down

2) I put the brakes down

3) I engage afterburner

4) I engage emergency afterburner immediately

5) I release the brakes

6) I do a nearly full stick down

7) Aircraft barely maintains 140 km/hr.

8) Splash into the ocean

Edited by hellking

Ok! I must admit I got what I asked for with the new update :). But now I fail on Su-33 aircraft carrier take-offs in my own previously designed missions. (I can land and take-off with ease in the quick start FC3 mission). Is this a bug? Anybody else?

1) I put the flaps down

2) I put the brakes down

3) I engage afterburner

5) I release the brakes

8) Splash into the ocean

Same. I think we are missing something :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't use 'U' key for carrier takeoff, with barrier behind aircraft, supposed to raise barrier (behind engines of aircraft on deck, in starting position) and aircraft sets into position. SU-33 explodes about 50% of the time I try to launch on carrier. Aircraft continuously bounces around on deck. Speed is too low to takeoff, unless you go way back on deck. I have had Flaming cliffs and the SU-33 for ages. There is no way this Beta version could be ready in a week or two. Too many issues. FYI. I put it on a land base and flew also a few missions. This has all been since last night Friday 09-22-17 with latest patch.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Same here. Can't take off from the carrier anymore in campaign or missions I make with the mission editor. The plane has neither lift nor thrust and sails like a wet towel over the bow into the sea. AI has the same problem.

Edited by claw

Just to let you know, the F/A-18 has a scripted take-off in real life. The pilot doesn't have control till after airborne.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Same here. Can't take off from the carrier anymore in campaign or missions I make with the mission editor. The plane has neither lift nor thrust and sails like a wet towel over the bow into the sea. AI has the same problem.

Lol. Another wet towel over here.

How much fuel, and what weapons ?

In my case no weapons, 100% fuel.

From another thread (sorry, no credit).

What I gathered from the russian side of the forum is 27 tons using the short run and 32 from the long one, with no wind and a stationary carrier.

With a 10m/s combined carrier speed and headwind it goes up to 29 and 34.5.

Cheers.

• ED Team

Carrier has two 'short' (105 meter - right deck side and part of left side) and 'long' (195 m, left deck side) runways.

Maximal A/C takeoff weight (carrier is not moving, no wind) for 'short' RW at +15C is 27 ton, for 'long' - 32 ton.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Carrier has two 'short' (105 meter - right deck side and part of left side) and 'long' (195 m, left deck side) runways.

Maximal A/C takeoff weight (carrier is not moving, no wind) for 'short' RW at +15C is 27 ton, for 'long' - 32 ton.

Cool, thx for the info.

I managed a 6xR73, 2x27ER, 60% fuel, short take off, no WEP, from a stationary carrier with 1 kts headwind. But only just :).

Is there any way to control which ramp to take off from? Can you cycle between them somehow?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

1) I put the flaps down

2) I put the brakes down

3) I engage afterburner

5) I release the brakes

8) Splash into the ocean

With the PFM, not only does weight matter a great deal but also wind over the deck. Taking off or landing from a stationary carrier vs from one that's moving (eg 37 km/hr) now makes a great deal of difference to your experience.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.