oculus and frame drops.

Holmer

Hey guys.

so i got the oculus bundle and its amazing flying around. but my mid end rig dont seem capable of giving me a good framerate. so can you guys help me out. what i should upgrade or some optimization i havent gotten right ?.

I havce everything on low. but my pixel density is at 1.8-2.0 (otherwise i cant read the diels or anything.

I get alot of framedrops looking out the cockpit and looking fast around. and its not a smoothe experience. also the gound looks like it still pictures loading in (sometimes.)

load radius is at 10.000

and its just flying around with no enermyes.

My rig is:

P67 sabertooth MB.

I7 2700 K. (oc to 4.4.)

Gtx 1060 6 GB.

16 Gigs 1800 mhz rAM.

and its installed on a ssd. so what is killing my frames ? :)

Sorry for the bad english.

-Holmer :pilotfly:

oculus and frame drops.

With that card your PD will need to be lower. Also, turn all shadows off. With a 1060 you're barely going to be able to have anything turned on to achieve solid FPS.

Also check out the VR section of the forum, these questions have been answered countless times, and in much greater detail than I've provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by =Buckeye=
Typos

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Try flying with a PD of 1.5. (as you increase PD, it's almost an exponential load. 1.8-2.0 is in the range of a 1080Ti, from what most post).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Indeed.

Im doing as much as I can, to not drop below 45fps, cause it gets real choppy and nasty below that, in VR. So Im usually around 1.2-1.3 PD in 1.57, and atm, all the way down to 1.0 in 2.1.1. In both cases running 2xMSAA - hurts less and looks better in 2.1.1, than 0xMSAA and say 1.3-1.4 PD for example.

A small example of how the total pixel amount increases with PD.

PD 1.0 is a total of 2.6 million pixels.

1.5 is 5.8 million

2.0 is 10.3 million

2.5 is 16.2 million.

A 4K display has 8.3 million.

1080p has 2.07

So as already mentioned. PD down - a lot, shadows off, terrain shadows off, water low, view distance low or med, tree's all the way down. If you have civilian traffic on, switch it off - hogs cpu resources. You pre-load radius you should be able to run at 100.000+. Depth of Field, stay well clear of that. And limit MSAA (especially in 2.1)

I know it hurts killing the candy, but you really want as many fps as you get can, and have as much of buffer as possible.

But start low, then you can always crank it up, if you have a overhead. Much better than giving up candy ;).

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |