which H.O.T.A.S. to get

I need a bit of help on this other than Thrust Master Warthog what is the best H.O.T.A.S. to get do not have USB resource to run three USB connections that are need with TM WH since it also need a separate rudder :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Buy a cheap £/$ 5-10 usb hub so you can buy a warthog and plug it into that and then just plug the hub into your pc, just one usb port needed that way.

Indeed, buy a powered USB hub, and you'll be fine.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I use an Alienware 17 R3 with graphics amplifier using a GTX 1070 graphics card with a Samsung 4K monitor problem is when I use a USB hub it down grades the other to a USB 2 when I need at least 2 USB 3 I tried the TM Warthog with TM rudder peddles on a hub and it gave intermittent USB resources error I now use an old (9yrs) X52 non pro and its not quite good enough for the A-10C so was trying to find a replacement for that. By the way the TM Warthog and hub did work if I was not using Oculus VR and just playing on the desk top

Edited by RePhil

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

X-55 Rhino is quite decent if you want to limit budget and USB to two ports. I never had any problem with that setup. Recently I replaced Rhino's joystick with TM Warthog and I feel difference very well however I choose to keep Rhino's throttle as I find it better suited for my needs over TM Warthog throttle.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

As I said works fine with TM till I connect the Oculus I need 8 USB connections in VR of that 3 need to be USB 3 guess if the x 55 was ok I get the X 56 since it looks like might be best with the dual thrust levers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I said works fine with TM till I connect the Oculus I need 8 USB connections in VR of that 3 need to be USB 3 guess if the x 55 was ok I get the X 56 since it looks like might be best with the dual thrust levers

Get the Warthog and get a USB port to handle the extra ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

As I said works fine TM till I connect the Oculus I need 8 USB connections of that 3 need to be USB 3 guess if the x 55 was ok I get the X 56 since it looks like might be best with the dual thrust levers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I said works fine TM till I connect the Oculus I need 8 USB connections of that 3 need to be USB 3 guess if the x 55 was ok I get the X 56 since it looks like might be best with the dual thrust levers

Get the USB3 powered hub, then you only need 4 USB3 ports.

1x Rift HMD

1x Rift Sensor 1

1x Rift Sensor 2

1x USB3 HUB (7-port)

And you can then even attach the third Rift sensor to USB3 hub if not having USB2 ports for it.

But anyways, you have then a 7x USB3 ports available for anything else, including every possible HOTAS there is.

The Oculus Rift HMD and sensors are fairly picky about the USB3 ports, why the specific PCIe extension card is really required. But that doesn't mean you can't use USB hub to increase amount of USB ports for every other device you have!

The USB is best I/O we have got for an computer since it was announced in 1995-1997. It was promised to be able chain 128 devices and still have all working. Yet there rarely is any other device that allows more than 2 device chaining (like Apple keyboard that allows to chain a USB mouse or USB stick) and it really doesn't go well for too many as the bus power can't keep all up. USB 1.0 and 1.1 were problematic as you couldn't even sometimes use a printer and scanner same time as I/O requirement was way too high.

USB 2.0 changed all that well but now the USB 3.1 is the thing that allows very high power to go through.

Just get the USB HUB and mount it to the case or even get a new USB3 5.25" or so front panels with internal connections.

I take the HUB as you can mount it under/behind table and run all USB devices from there and you get the power source as well there hidden.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The Oculus Rift HMD and sensors are fairly picky about the USB3 ports, why the specific PCIe extension card is really required. But that doesn't mean you can't use USB hub to increase amount of USB ports for every other device you have!

^^^ This!

The four port Inotek PCIE USB 3.0 internal card is the correct answer for your Rift connections. Then add an external powered hub for other stuff. As long as you ensure it is a decent hub that can provide a full 500mA to each port, you will be fine.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Warthog and a $10 USB card from Newegg or whatever. Also pedals. Saitek probably.

And you only need two oculus sensors if you plan to use oculus touch, which you should. It's good fun to play with.

Three are really needed if wanted great 360° use.

It is possible with two but it is like 85-95% operational compared to three that gives 100%.

For DCS only, two is enough.

But why the two sensors for USB3 and Third to USB2... No idea.

Even with just two sensors, USB hub is really good addition because you can have anyways so many USB devices today.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

^^^ This!

The four port Inotek PCIE USB 3.0 internal card is the correct answer for your Rift connections. Then add an external powered hub for other stuff. As long as you ensure it is a decent hub that can provide a full 500mA to each port, you will be fine.

I am in such understand that the problem is the USB3 bandwidth that is bottleneck with Rift. But then again some has reported great results by using a good USB3 hub that has own power socket. So it would be just that power limitation....

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

X-55 dual throttle

I agree that if I was to purchase Rhino now, I would go with X-56. Both include dual throttle but X-56 is said to have added four analog axes of control.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 2 weeks later...

I use t.16000m Flight pack and have rift with 3 sensors config. Only 2 USB for hotas+pedals (the pedals are connected to the throttle). It is a very good pack for the price and is good for the a-10c. The biggest drawback is the single throttle (not doubled). The stick mechanics and sensors are the same of the warthog. The warthog is a beautiful pack but is too expensive IMHO and lacks the pedals. It is (obviously) perfect for the a-10c but you Need to adapt It to the other Planes, and i cannot buy a different device for every plane i like. So i'm fine with t.16000m, i think It is the best compromise

Edited by nessuno0505

I use t.16000m Flight pack and have rift with 3 sensors config. Only 2 USB for hotas+pedals (the pedals are connected to the throttle). It is a very good pack for the price and is good for the a-10c. The biggest drawback is the single throttle (not doubled). The stick mechanics and sensors are the same of the warthog. The warthog is a beautiful pack but is too expensive IMHO and lacks the pedals. It is (obviously) perfect for the a-10c but you Need to adapt It to the other Planes, and i cannot buy a different device for every plane i like. So i'm fine with t.16000m, i think It is the best compromise

Adapting the Warthog to other planes is no different than what you have to do with your stick, except you have to do it to every plane.

Buzz

Of course, but I spent € 220 vs € 350 + I suppose another € 90 for the pedals, the only difference is that I have to adapt my hotas to every plane instead of adapt It to every plane except One. Does that "except One" worth doubling the price? This is the question you have to answer when you choose between my pack and the TM warthog. I answered no, but someone Can obviously answer Yes and buy the warthog.

Well, you get more than not having to program it for the A-10C. It's a much higher quality setup.

I understand the money part though. I had to save up to get mine. No regrets at all and i've tried them all.

Yeap, same goes for me too. i actually bought a new pc and a warthog set. I had some money i saved and applied for a job in an office and worked there for couple of months to get the money together. Everyone around me, including my family, told me that i was spending too much money on these things and i was being childish by doing it. The day that warthog came, everyone who put their hands on it said the same thing to me " wow, i wasnt expecting for it to be this good". nobody said anything about the money after they touched it. Its that good. If you have the money to buy it, dont even hessitate.

I am in the "Do not buy a TM Warthog" side of this. Some say they do not use the throttle because their other throttle is better...some say they do not use the joystick because of all the friction problems, especially since the cost of the TM Warthog should have included a much better design instead of their cheep plastic ball joint with the WW1 goo lubricant.

Why purchase such an expensive item and only use half of it and then have to purchase pedals on top of that. ( I purchased one 6 months after their released....listening to all the raves of how great it was..LOL LOL then for the next year after yours bricked, all you heard was how this piece of perfection by some fluke had a problem with several of their designs.

Mainly, the joystick ball joint, and the firmware that killed the whole assembly.

I did not use mine until they came out with a new firmware fix...took 6 months or so....I added their new firmware and was so disgusted with it I never used it and it still sits in the closet gathering dust. That was over 4 years ago and since, all I hear is problems of wires breaking, no lights, ball stiction.....a waste of money...and a lot of money.

For that kind of money one can purchase much better hardware. Look at some of the posts here and find joysticks, pedals, throttles and more. Check them out and compare with the TM Warthog......

Laz IMHO