Warthog stick grip connector source?

Alterscape

As most of you probably know, the TM Warthog uses a pair of 5-pin Mini-DIN panel mount connectors -- female on the base, male on the stick grip.

The 5-pin male panel-mount connector on the stick grip is hard to source! Female panel-mount mini-din connectors are available on all the usual suspects, but that panel-mount/male connector is, based on several days of googling, un-find-able for us civilians. I'm starting to think TM commissioned a batch of them specifically for the WH.

I'm hoping to build a similar interchangable grip system for the DIY collective I'm hacking on, and the TM solution of two panel-mount connectors held together physically by some additional parts, seems really smart. Hard to capitalize on that idea when one of the connectors can't be found, unfortunately.

Clearly it can be done because Virpil and etc provide Warthog adapters, but any leads for small-volume purchasers?

As far as I've seen, everyone besides TM just uses a loose cable connection rather than a panel mount. It makes more sense IMO, it allows you to ensure the connector engages correctly before you mash the center out of the socket by tightening the collar with it out of orientation, which I've seen happen a lot of times and done a few times myself.

phiemamini.jpg