[FIXED] RB-75 is an unstoppable terminator missile

Nerd1000

Can

please get fixed eventually?? It's really ruinning the online experience and has been around for 3 years now... :mad:

This Maverick behaviour is exclusive to the Viggen!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Afaik it is banned on the BlueFlag servers

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

And another victim of the terminator Maverick:

Last week I got killed by one of these viggen meme mavs... it was fun, tbh, but I agree that this ridiculous exploit needs to be fixed.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

LOL from another thread even, from the general HB forum ^^

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

And another one (.gif included): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4472269#post4472269

Would be nice to hear anything from the devs on this and if we have to wait another 3 years for this to get fixed...

(Sorry for the tone, but I report this quite severe issue for quite some time now and barely anything happens, which is pretty frustrating :()

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

It is time that Maverick seekers are all nerfed to realistic levels, limiting launches ranges.

attachment.php?attachmentid=156231&stc=1&d=1485896241

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It is time that Maverick seekers are all nerfed to realistic levels, limiting launches ranges.

Yes, but the terminator missile issue, where the missile turns around to go after targets again that it just missed, is an issue exclusively to the Viggen Maverick.

So I would prefer to keep this thread limited to the issue of the terminator behaviour instead of widening it to all kind of general Maverick flaws in DCS.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm hoping a little bit that ED is taking so long for the F-16 mavericks because they are finally giving MAvericks a proper contrast lock on and guidance (which people will hate then).

The funny behaviour of them doing little loopings over a destroyed ground target is not messing up other players enjoyment. But an "air-to-air missile" that just turns around without energy loss after being avoided to hunt down the target is just not ok when a player is on the receiving end.

This you probably have already seen, but I figured I quote this from another thread on the subject:

We are waiting for a update on the DCS engine to use the AGM-65 guidance system and flight model. The issue is well known to us, and we look forward to making improvements to the missiles when we can.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Yes, but the terminator missile issue, where the missile turns around to go after targets again that it just missed, is an issue exclusively to the Viggen Maverick.

So I would prefer to keep this thread limited to the issue of the terminator behaviour instead of widening it to all kind of general Maverick flaws in DCS.

As missile can be divided to three parts.

1. Seeker

2. Warhead

3. Rocket + body

We can see the "terminator Maverick" has few problems.

1. Seeker is all around, so it can get back on target it missed.

2. Engine has too much power and missile lose to little energy.

3. Seeker is way too sensitive to get locked from distance against any target.

With a B and G models the seeker is so bad that they managed to get launches only at max 3 km, commonly at 1.5 - 2.5 km. FLIR that is blind to flares and background, seeker that can track fast movers....

The "terminator Maverick" is multi-problem that is about Maverick unrealistic behavior overall. ED could fix it quickly just by disabling it to lock aircrafts, but it doesn't fix the main issue.

They need to redo seeker, flight modeling etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

As missile can be divided to three parts.

1. Seeker

2. Warhead

3. Rocket + body

We can see the "terminator Maverick" has few problems.

1. Seeker is all around, so it can get back on target it missed.

2. Engine has too much power and missile lose to little energy.

3. Seeker is way too sensitive to get locked from distance against any target.

With a B and G models the seeker is so bad that they managed to get launches only at max 3 km, commonly at 1.5 - 2.5 km. FLIR that is blind to flares and background, seeker that can track fast movers....

The "terminator Maverick" is multi-problem that is about Maverick unrealistic behavior overall. ED could fix it quickly just by disabling it to lock aircrafts, but it doesn't fix the main issue.

They need to redo seeker, flight modeling etc.

The fact remains, that ED Mavericks don't show the terminator behaviour of the Heatblur Maverick. So obviously Heatblur is doing something different.

Tornado3 small.jpg

We are working the problem, and hope to improve the mavs soon.

That's good to hear, thanks! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...
Aww maaaan… Oh well, get it while it lasts. :D

Another great example of how ridiculous this missile is! Thank god it's not the fastest missile in the world.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
When this wrong behavior of the Rb-75 going to be fixed?

I'm asking that for over a year now. Meanwhile the exploitation of the terminator behaviour of this missile in MP continues... :mad:

The most ridiculous explot of this broken missile that I have seen was a Viggen that acted as a SAM. The guy stood on the ground at an airbase that got attacked by the enemy and he launched RB-75s at attacker aircraft while standing on the ground. With the super guidance of the RB-75 it was much more effective than all the regular SAMs and because he stood on the ground he could rearm all the time...

• Like 3

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

From todays changelog:

• Updated RB75 A/B/T (AGM-65 A/B) flight model and seeker behaviour.

Sounds good! I hope the terminator Maverick is gone now. 🙂

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well... HB staff not marking this thread as [fixed] leaves space for debate whether they even trust (let alone test) their own fixes... xDD

Edited by DanielNL

1 hour ago, DanielNL said:

Well... HB staff not marking this thread as [fixed] leaves space for debate whether they even trust (let alone test) their own fixes... xDD

That's why I keep an eye on the RB75 behaviour now, to see if it is actually fixed or not. I don't encounter many RB75s that are used inn the anti air role though.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• RagnarDa changed the title to [FIXED] RB-75 is an unstoppable terminator missile
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 5:35 AM, Nerd1000 said:

For the Lols (and also because the Viggen has no other 'all aspect' missiles at the moment :mad:) I decided to try the RB-75 against air targets. Long story short, the RB-75 seems to have a) no seeker FOV limit and b) the relentlessness of the T-800 terminator. This Tacview track shows the problem: In a head-on shot against a MiG-29 the RB-75 misses on the initial intercept and, undeterred, does a 15g 180 and continues to home in on the hapless MiG until it hits, having slowed to around 600 km/h with no apparent loss of maneuverability.

Naturally, I intend to abuse this in multiplayer, if I ever get within 9 km of a fighter before being hit in the face with an AMRAAM 😄

I KNEW IT!!! I knew that magic SAM from "Behind Enemy Lines" can chase you through mountains, valleys, volcanoes, and still has chops to turn into a airplane killing shotgun. I klnew it and I have been proven right.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just tried shooting an aircraft with Rb-75 in multiplayer. I got a lock (twice) and fired (twice) but the missiles both went to the ground.

I know the Rb-75 used to be an unrealistic terminator missile for a long time, but now it's the complete opposite. Is it on purpose that the Rb-75 cannot follow an aircraft anymore even if the aircraft is flying in a straight ligne?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

13 hours ago, Flappie said:

I've just tried shooting an aircraft with Rb-75 in multiplayer. I got a lock (twice) and fired (twice) but the missiles both went to the ground.

I know the Rb-75 used to be an unrealistic terminator missile for a long time, but now it's the complete opposite. Is it on purpose that the Rb-75 cannot follow an aircraft anymore even if the aircraft is flying in a straight ligne?

That sounds like it performs worse than it realistically should, but still more realistically than the Terminator Maverick did.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg