A10C IFF Alert (IFFCC Menu)

jcbak

The manual indicates that this option is NOT FUNCTIONAL. However, when set I do get alerts on the HUD. Would someone please explain what is actually working with this option set and what it is indicating. Any info is appreciated.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I'm not. There is an IFF ALERT option in the IFFCC menu. Go to DISPLAY MODES, IFF ALERT. You have two modes available. While flying with my squad I was receiving Mode 4 alerts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

As far as I know ED intended to have a working IFF for the Warthog but it never got finished. So you can turn on and set up the system but it effects - nothing. Just a small touch of feeling more realistic...an more buttons to fiddle with

Correct me if i'm mistaken here :smartass:

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

You are probably correct. However, you do get warnings, both audible and an indication on the HUD if you turn it on.

Interesting - does is match when you get audio tones from the RWR of a radar hitting you?

I don't think so. It seems to happen when in range of friendlies. The other evening as I approached Tiblisi, we had two Eagles departing. I started to get a Mode 4 alert.

I think it doesn't really responds to any impulse, it just has a certain interval showing or saying 'IFF'.

I had it turned on quite sometimes but not recently so maybe something changed here.

Will test soon :pilotfly:

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5