Error 0xc000007b

Hello to everyone. First of all, I'm new to the forum, so this might not be in the correct section or something.

Second, I have been flying in DCS for a couple of months or so, but the thing is that recently I've been getting this annoying error (0xc000007b) that doesn't allow me to play.

I've been searching in Google for some time, and it turns out that is a "common error" which may occur in some programs. I've tried some solutions that didn't work, and also tried using Dependency Walker to find out what may cause the error, but I'm not sure if I was using it correctly (found that apparently some .dll are missing, if I'm not wrong).

I would be very grateful if someone could lead to fix this and help me out, so thanks in advance for your time :thumbup: :helpsmilie:

Reinstall this runtime, its needed by latest versions of DCS:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It gives me an error which says that I have it already installed, but I search in Programs and features and I don't see the 2015 version :huh:

I have installed both 2017 and 2013 versions.

And also, I could play for some time, but suddenly (don't remember when) the error starting appearing. Might be something wrong with the latest updates or something?

I'll try later to uninstall and reinstall all of those.

Edited by Armamalvada

... Might be something wrong with the latest updates or something?

It's unlikely, if that were the case there would be hundred of threads like yours, as it would be affecting many people.

What I would do, is to make sure that the problem is not caused by DCS itself, so I suggest:

1) Disable every user Mod that you might have installed (hope you are using a mod manager like JSGME or OvGME, that make it easier to disable/enable user Mods)

2) Run a DCS_Updater Cleanup and then a DCS_Updater Repair ... here are instructions to run dcs_updater.exe: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

If the problem still persists, it could be caused by a configuration file stored in Saved Games ... rename the folder "Saved Games\DCS" (or DCS Openbeta or DCS 2 Openalpha, if you are using those versions of DCS), for example to DCS.bak ... when you run DCS again it will create a new DCS folder on Saved Games.

Try DCS again ... if now it works, dont play, shut it down and copy from the .bak folder, the folder DCS\Config ... it contains your hotas current configuration.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 months later...

I have been getting the (0xc000007b) error with 2/3rds of my installs as well. I have updated .NET, DirectX, as well as Visual C++ with no change to this error.

DCS World Open Beta version 1.5.6.5199 launches without issue, however DCS World and DCS World 2 Open Alpha both throw Error 0xc000007.

Edited by TX-EcoDragon

S! TX-EcoDragon

• ED Team
Same issue after removing and re-installing the various .NET, C++, and DX libraries...

I miss DCS.

strange if these are all installed and upto date.

Have you tried running DCS as administrator? and is windows up to date?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2