SweetFX / DCS 2.1.1 ?

Hello everyone,

Would you please, help me ? I can't make the SweetFX work, with DCS 2.1.1

I tried the latest version ReShade 3.0.8 but no go

Any advices are welcome, thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

ReShade 3.07 here, works allright, so unless 3.08 broke something, you should be fine too. From my own experience, just make sure the reason of problem is not something silly - i.e. wrong folder paths in configuration menu.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hello everyone,

Would you please, help me ? I can't make the SweetFX work, with DCS 2.1.1

I tried the latest version ReShade 3.0.8 but no go

Any advices are welcome, thank you

Make sure that VR is not enabled in your DCS settings.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

VR is not enabled

Would you please explain step by step, how to install it ?

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I didn't install 3.0.7 per se, I went to YoYo's thread about his Reshade profile...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188375&highlight=ReShade

and apart from reading tutorials, I downloaded JSGME/OvGME-ready package that Chic provided on the second page of the thread. It already had all needed folders and files in it. I enabled it using mod enabler.

If you do it, then you launch the game, then hit Shift-F2, ReShade configuration screen pops up, on the "Home" tab you click through tutorial screens, as you won't need them now, just select YoYo's profile. On the "settings" tab screen you must edit paths to "Bin" folder and "Bin\Reshade-shaders" folder so that Reshade knows where required files are on your computer -> now on the "home" tab screen various effects should finally appear. Some of them selected already, as in chosen profile. Mind you, YoYo's profile was made when we didn't have the gamma slider in the DCS, so his effects changed the colours a lot. No need for that now in 2.1.1 (at least for me, gamma slider is enough), so I only leave SMAA and FXAA on, while unselecting all colour-related effects. Anti-aliasing is the only thing I use Reshade for, so don't ask me how to tweak colours, 'cause I never bothered to do that.

Then back to "settings" tab, switch from "configuration mode" to "performance mode", Shift F2 to close the screen and you're done.

The game will crash to desktop on the first exit, but during all subsequent launches and exits, it should work OK. Reshade launches automatically - if you did everything correctly, you should see the grey Reshade info bar appearing for a few seconds on top of the screen whenever you launch DCS.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Okay Art, I'll give it a try, later when I get home

Thank you

Okay, i followed it step by step but i still don't understand how do I edit / modify some values, like : vibrance, tonemap, curves, etc

Thank you

reshade.thumb.jpg.8f51e725d2b30e8883e2c36210c81d93.jpg

Edited by Lenux

Okay, i followed it step by step but i still don't understand how do I edit / modify some values, like : vibrance, tonemap, curves, etc

Thank you

Check out this tutorial. At 3 minutes into it you'll find what you're askin about.

Another good one with more detail.

Edited by Chic

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Thank you

No you didn't ;). Otherwise there would be a clickable list of effects on this dark grey screen. It's empty, thus no efects were found and loaded - something's missing somewhere. So there's nothing to edit yet.

Again, click the "settings" tab and make sure you typed in all folder paths correctly. In the "DCS World 2 Open Alpha\bin\reshade-shaders" folder there should be two sub-folders: "Shaders" and "textures", with bunch of files in each of them, that's where the paths should lead to.

For some reason I can't take screenshots of the Reshade screen.

Thank you

It appears that you did not select any Effects to load during the install process.

JUST CHOPPERS

I did select everything

I'll give it another try, thank you

Stay with it. It's worth it.

JUST CHOPPERS

No you didn't ;). Otherwise there would be a clickable list of effects on this dark grey screen. It's empty, thus no efects were found and loaded - something's missing somewhere. So there's nothing to edit yet.

Again, click the "settings" tab and make sure you typed in all folder paths correctly. In the "DCS World 2 Open Alpha\bin\reshade-shaders" folder there should be two sub-folders: "Shaders" and "textures", with bunch of files in each of them, that's where the paths should lead to.

For some reason I can't take screenshots of the Reshade screen.

you're right, the path is wrong, and i can't modify it

Stay with it. It's worth it.

Doesn't work with VR though, correct?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I can delete the C letter, but I can't add D

That's strange

Could I modify / edit the path, inside the files, maybe?

Edited by Lenux

Well, I admit I didn't type in my paths letter by letter manually, but copied and pasted the whole path where needed. Maybe there is some glitch in ReShade, causing problems when typing.

Edit: I've just noticed dxgi.ini file (found in the Bin folder like others) stores path data. Make sure you don't edit dxgini.log file by mistake!

Edited by Art-J

@Lenux

I can give you mine SweetFX. Just activate the Folder per JSGME/OvGME and all will be good. It´s an older version, but had never problems with it and will work fine. The only thing is, to switch it from DX10/11 (now) to DX9 if needed.

ReShade 0.1.1 with SweetFX 2.0.zip

Edited by KeyGirl

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X @ 4.7 MHz            Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX    Module: 64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR5 @ 3000        Video: RTX 4090 PALIT GameRock OC 24 GB

Monitor: SAMSUNG U28E590 @ 4K                      Other: HP Reverb G2 and WD Black SN850X                    The answers is ... 42!

Hey Keygirl, your Preset has been my go to for sometime now. Thanks

JUST CHOPPERS

Thanks for your help, i uninstalled everything and re-installed it again, it's working now