Huey wont start in NTTR

Snacko

Just wondering if it's a bug or just me?

I follow the same startup procedure in 1.5 and it starts every time. In 2.0 the gas pressure gets to 18 and stops there. Tried it many, many times.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Sorry, what is oat? Something in 2.0?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I find that in NTTR / Normandy, I have to rotate the throttle with the mouse cursor first before my throttle binds itself to the huey and I can then check free movement and return to idle stop. If yours is the same, it is likely that the throttle is not in the idle position and it will fail to start.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

It was like this from the start.

The throttle has a STOP position before the IDLE. So you must move the throttle from the STOP position and then from IDLE to MAX is a free axis movement.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Yea, I know how to start it.. I can start it fine in 1.5 with pgup and holding home. But that does not work in 2.0..

I'll try fully moving the throttle when I get home.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

I started up in NTTR a couple of times yesterday. I always move the throttle to idle with my throttle controller as a matter of routine. I also did an auto start because the cockpit was so dark I couldn't see the overhead at all and it worked fine.

slyfly

Ok, this time when I took the throttle out of the Stop position, I moved it all the way up and down. And it started fine. So, it seems that just taking it out of Stop is not enough. Maybe it's my system? My throttle bindings to an axis is throwing it off? This didn't happen in 1.5. I'll just have to remember to wonk my throttle around before starting the engine.

Ok, this time when I took the throttle out of the Stop position, I moved it all the way up and down. And it started fine. So, it seems that just taking it out of Stop is not enough. Maybe it's my system? My throttle bindings to an axis is throwing it off? This didn't happen in 1.5. I'll just have to remember to wonk my throttle around before starting the engine.

I have actually had this issue lately as well..

Temp solution:

Hold starter button, throttle up until it wants to actually start(briefly)as it should and then drop the throttle back.. odd, yes.