Editor feature request - Switch waypoint (add for ships and ground units)

Johnny_Rico

With air units you can set up and patrol route and at the last waypoint add

switch waypoint to waypoint 0

Thus the air target will keep flying the route forever

Sadly with both ships and ground units you cannot do this

Could we have this feature added to both ships and ground units ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

It is already implemented - since one or two patches ago. It was buggy at first, but I just re-tested it briefly (Nevada) and now it seemed to work. But I bet, it is still WIP - at least there seem to be two issues with that.

Use Advanced Waypoint Actions / Perform Task / go to waypoint

OR

... / Perform Command / go to waypoint

You see the issues I mentioned already: a) the action appears twice (but both seem to work ok) and b) the text does not match the other texts (different wording, no capitalizing ... perhaps missing translation?)

It is already implemented - since one or two patches ago. It was buggy at first, but I just re-tested it briefly (Nevada) and now it seemed to work. But I bet, it is still WIP - at least there seem to be two issues with that.

Use Advanced Waypoint Actions / Perform Task / go to waypoint

OR

... / Perform Command / go to waypoint

You see the issues I mentioned already: a) the action appears twice (but both seem to work ok) and b) the text does not match the other texts (different wording, no capitalizing ... perhaps missing translation?)

Thanks but I tried these already under 1.5.7 and they do not work, ground unit will go to the last way point defined and ignore the command to go to SP

Ground unit was patrolling a route on the road but stopped at last waypoint

• 3 weeks later...

+1 I know there's supposed to be a go to waypoint command, though I have one question, can you use the go to waypoint command to loop a route so to speak? So a unit will keep following the waypoints sequentially in a loop until commanded to do otherwise? Or is it simply ignoring it's next waypoint and going to a different one instead? If it doesn't allow you to loop could it be a forseeable option in the future? Possibly option tied in with the waypoint switching command.

While we're sort of on it, I'd also like to be able to define separate secondary sets of way points for all units so I can have multiple possible routes and then use triggers and commands to set which route a unit follows, allowing me to set alternate airfields for all unit should something happen mid-mission.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

See my earlier post , it gets to last waypoint then ignores the go to waypoint command

If this worked then yes indeedy you could create a loop route for something to follow

• 2 years later...
With air units you can set up and patrol route and at the last waypoint add

switch waypoint to waypoint 0

Thus the air target will keep flying the route forever

Sadly with both ships and ground units you cannot do this

Could we have this feature added to both ships and ground units ?

+1 After almost three year there is no build in function for ground or ships units.

It will be a nice addition to ME

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!