RIFT Eye Point

Menessis

A friend of mine (whom shall remain nameless) is having a hard time using the "SRS Radio" mod. He is using a RIFT and after a lot of conversations with a bunch of the guys we figured out that he is sitting too far forward. He tells us that when he looks to the left to adjust radios he is looking at the throttle!

So has he some sort of install problem? or can it be adjusted by using the "eye position"

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Menessis

A friend of mine (whom shall remain nameless) is having a hard time using the "SRS Radio" mod. He is using a RIFT and after a lot of conversations with a bunch of the guys we figured out that he is sitting too far forward. He tells us that when he looks to the left to adjust radios he is looking at the throttle!

So has he some sort of install problem? or can it be adjusted by using the "eye position"

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Menessis

Try moving the sensor height and position and angle to make it feel right. We're not leaping around in a room in VR well I'm not. :P

Go through the rift setup and experiment from there my sensor sits on top of an all be it cheapo PC speaker and just left of the main screen but that gets everything about right for me.

Sights in Gazelle and Huey feel and look right as well.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

In DCS I would go to Options --> Controls --> UI layer (in the dropdown menu under your aircraft names) --> Reset VR center position (or something like this) --> bind this command to space bar or whatever he's comfortable with.

Now tell him to move his head forward and press space bar. Then he can move his head back to its normal position and voila. His view ingame will be aft of where it was before and will remain as his new default position.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Basically what I said corresponds to Sec 6 from the post in the link given below

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164892

Adjust the eye point with the instructions in this thread. The A10C is the worst offender. It is way off by default but all aircraft can benefit from a little adjustment.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Keypad 5 works great in the rift, if the eyepoint is too far back, just lean back a bit and reset, and it will have nudged you forward a bit as you return to normal position and vice versa. Get yourself settled before you fly and you're fine.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Best way is just to get the first Rift setup done correctly, then it doesn't matter about physical sensor setup or the Rift setup as all is correctly set (if setup ran correctly).

Then just get seated with chair that has the back support, check that how it looks and feels in the cockpit and real live and get them matched. Once the chair itself is correctly set so when you lean to seat, it will be like so in the cockpit too.

The real challenge really is that many doesn't have a correct seats but use a gaming seats or office chairs that has wrong kind angles so it always requires some kind tweak between real seat and cockpit.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I don't even put the headset on until the plane is ready to startup. Most of time by the time I put on the headset I am facing the rear or sitting 3 feet outside the aircraft. No problem I just close my eyes and put my head in a natural position that is comfortable and hit keypad 5 and all is well. You will get used to finding keypad 5 with your headset on (blind) after a little practice.

sltfly

I must be about the only one that uses the re-center VR view assigned to a joystick button. Very easy to do with the headset on.

I just find it much easier than fumbling for a keyboard key.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I must be about the only one that uses the re-center VR view assigned to a joystick button. Very easy to do with the headset on.

I just find it much easier than fumbling for a keyboard key.

I don't use the keyboard for anything. Everything is mapped to my HOTAS (doubled where convenient with the Pinky Paddle being used as a modifier), and the rest is covered with VoiceAttack + VAICOM 2.0 for voice commands.

Super simple in VR...

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I don't use the keyboard for anything. Everything is mapped to my HOTAS (doubled where convenient with the Pinky Paddle being used as a modifier), and the rest is covered with VoiceAttack + VAICOM 2.0 for voice commands.

Super simple in VR...

Yes I picked up Voice Attack earlier this week as well, have not got it set up for DCS yet but looking like a great program for this.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have everything mapped to my warthog also, including the "as escape" in the UI layer. That way, I just push my button and go to my escape screen to tweet control settings and such.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Yes I picked up Voice Attack earlier this week as well, have not got it set up for DCS yet but looking like a great program for this.

Started my config last night and finished this morning, it is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440