Improved loadout screen

Terzi

It would be very nice if the armanent loadout selection screen would include some tooltip boxes that appears when you hover the mouse on the selection. Imagine that you try to select bombs and you hover on mk82. There it should be explained what it is and you hover on cbu52 and see the difference. There are so many types of armanents in dcs and contain abbreviations. It is a bit confusing.

• Like 1

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Use the encyclopedia of the game, it's very well done and very interesting

While I agree that you can find the info on there, players that don't have as much time or mental capacity to remember each and every abbreviation and bomb type are really in a bad spot here, and having a short tooltip would be very handy even to veterans, especially on weapons that are used rarely.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

A tooltip to include the common basic data from ranges, speed, launch methods, required pylons, weight etc would be very much helpful when you are selecting a next loadout at airfield.

Just getting it when going the list of weapon quickly, would make things easy when you are wondering what was difference between CPU-97 and CPU-87 or GPU-10 and GPU-12.

Having same layout in tooltips and the bolded text for the key data "Range: 12km" would help a lot in the time when it is needed.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Just getting it when going the list of weapon quickly, would make things easy when you are wondering what was difference between CPU-97 and CPU-87 or GPU-10 and GPU-12.

I too would be very interested in the differences in these bombs, in fact I have never heard of these bombs either, I was unaware of the fact that aircraft dropped Central Processing Units and Ground Power Units as weapons.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

For example I know nothing about Russian munitions. That kind of tooltip box would be very nice in case I want to learn SU-33. Otherwise you try something and you try something else, then try to think how this bomb was different from the other. Well you can use the internet to find out what is what, but that's extra effort to study.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

I support this idea. It would be absolutely great to have tooltips about what a certain drop/fireable. Would especially help with the A-10A. Once loaded some kind of smoke rocket or bomb once.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

I too would be very interested in the differences in these bombs, in fact I have never heard of these bombs either, I was unaware of the fact that aircraft dropped Central Processing Units and Ground Power Units as weapons.
Hah, LOL. Nice autocorrect

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

IMO you should just spend a bit more time training with each weapon you are interested in. Later it will all be second nature. If you find yourself on mp mission and you don't know what to choose, just go back to training.

There is a lot of learning in this without much schortcuts and I think that is what holds you in a simulator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO you should just spend a bit more time training with each weapon you are interested in. Later it will all be second nature. If you find yourself on mp mission and you don't know what to choose, just go back to training.

There is a lot of learning in this without much schortcuts and I think that is what holds you in a simulator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... If you find yourself using checklists in aircraft it is time to you go back to flight school....

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....