Which heading is correct?

csper

sorry for the ignorant question, but when we play DCS, wich Bearings are we using? i assume everytime someones says "turn 190" its talking about magnetic right?

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

sorry for the ignorant question, but when we play DCS, wich Bearings are we using? i assume everytime someones says "turn 190" its talking about magnetic right?

In real life (at least in the USA) every communicated heading or bearing is magnetic except for written weather reports, unless specified otherwise.

True heading is 40, magnetic (almost) 30 deg. The magnetic deviation in Nevada is 12 deg hence the difference.

And 6 deg East in Caucus map.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 4.9GHz OC'd, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC'd, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Windows 10 (64-bit)

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Runway 03 at Nellis is on 029 Magnetic but the encoders at ED/DCS have programmed the wrong numbers to reflect the True Heading (041) instead of Magnetic Heading. If this were corrected, our compass when aligned on runway centerline should read just left of 030 on the compass. The standby compass or wet compass (whiskey) compass as it's sometimes referred to would naturally be a little off as the aircraft has metallic fields within the airframe that throw off proper readings. Most aircraft have Magnetic Deviation Cards to tell pilots what headings are off and by how much. Almost all runways are numbered to be withing 5 degrees left or right of the heading to aid pilots in landing...I say almost all.

Here is the data for Nellis...scroll down to the runway data.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KLSV

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]