M-2000, Pelles can't be disabled

Vilab

This is probably one, if not the least priority bug of the M2000, but the Auto/Closed switch of the Pelles ( auxiliary air intake for high AOA ) has no effect.

The Pelles always stay in Auto mode ( they open/close with AOA changes, despite the switch being on closed mode )

PS : dcs 1.5.7

Edited by Vilab

contrary to you, i noticed they always work, even when they shouldn t.

have you tried extremely high AOA at low speed ( 250kts ) ?

also there are 2 pairs of Pelles, the upper ones rarely open before 180kts, while the bottom one open at higher speed.

dcs 1.5.7*

Edited by Vilab

I didnt even see them move at all...not sure if related or what but I cant see any movement no matter the speed/AoA, etc.

Are you sure you are not talking about the souris (intake cones) ?

Because the pelles move a low speed/high AoA and the souris when you go around Mach 2.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Are you sure you are not talking about the souris (intake cones) ?

Because the pelles move a low speed/high AoA and the souris when you go around Mach 2.

Yes pal, you are absolutely right, I confounded the french words and omited the "aunxiliary" part of the op post, sorry...I will check then if they work correctly when disabled but in auto they work fine and move...however, refering to the "souris", I cant see any movement even testing at 2.2 Mach (manual control doesnt seem to do anything either).

Take a look at my MODS here

i have just checked, and the Souris work fine ( in 1.5.7 at least).

they slowly move forward from mach1.2 to mach 2.1. and when set to "retracted", they retract, even at mach 2.1.

slow, rertacted

FCA6734B96F350A7A3A877A9EB1FBDBE286CA84E

mach 1.5

888A98181865D76985CED3C00F49443316D91FE4

mach 2.1 auto.

8AC5251E1763C99EF67A17481E7C4F8E1EFD6082

mach 2.1 manually retracted

4E84188140CCCAF246463D0E7BBD0D75D613C778

However they have 0 effect on the engine behaviour.... the temp of the engine, the fuel consumption, and the thrust, all stay the same whereas the hotter air should play havoc with the turbine.

That could be a bug ( but more probably a not implemented yet feature ).

Edited by Vilab

@Vilab

Thanks a lot for the pictures pal!:thumbup:

I have tested in the last 2.1.1 build and yes, souris work (move) correctly, I think they didn't move in previous version. The manual control is also working as they stop reacting once you disable them and a light lits in the warining panel with the word "souris" so souris are ok in 2.1.

About the pelles, I have been testing a bit and I think you are right, the manual control doesn't override the pelles action, so they still move according to AoA, speed, etc. at least in 2.1 version (sorry but can't test in 1.5. Maybe this control is supposed to work under certain conditions only?¿?¿?:huh:

Another little thing I noticed is that slats retract inmediately once the landing gear is out...is that a correct behaviour?? I find this weird as landing should be a very high AoA situation and at low speed so I'll be surprised if slats are retracted in landing configuration. Btw, the manual override for the slats works fine also, and allows for slats deploying even when the landing gear is down...

cheers!

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

I have tested in the last 2.1.1 build and yes, souris work (move) correctly, I think they didn't move in previous version.

It worked in 1.5 some 2-3 month ago.

Another little thing I noticed is that slats retract inmediately once the landing gear is out...is that a correct behaviour?? I find this weird as landing should be a very high AoA situation and at low speed so I'll be surprised if slats are retracted in landing configuration. Btw, the manual override for the slats works fine also, and allows for slats deploying even when the landing gear is down...

This is correct behavior, they stay retracted when landing gear is out to reduce drag.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA