Thanks for Unbelievable Landing Physics

Terzi

I want to thank ED team for such a great work. I am absolutely amazed by this landing physics. Please see in video how shock absorbers behave, and how the wheels behave with respect to the wing shakings, the lift generated by the wings, wheel breaks and etc. Everything is in a great harmony.

Well done ED! Perfect work!

Edited by NineLine
fixed vid
  • Like 1

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Watching that video makes me very eager to see how the new Su-33 PFM is going to be landing on the carrier. ;)

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

Another thing I also noticed now is that:

Watch how the elevators behave just before the front wheel touches down. The flight computer is so well simulated that the elevators automatically pull the nose up just enough for a smooth front gear touchdown... It is absolutely awesome.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Agree 100%. The systems modelling may only be at FC3 levels, but the Su-27 and F-15C have some of, if not the most advanced flight models of any DCS aircraft.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Agree 100%. The systems modelling may only be at FC3 levels, but the Su-27 and F-15C have some of, if not the most advanced flight models of any DCS aircraft.

Here it is very important to note that the PID controllers and closed loop feedback system is extremely well simulated.

Those who are interested can read more here about the flight computer modeling:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/flanker_fc/?PAGEN_1=3

It is a bit scientific but those who have some background in control or electronic engineering would understand. Well written.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Have you guys seen this ? Especially the landing :music_whistling:. I bet you gonna have your jaws down by the end of it, hell, by the mid point of the video

Yep, Stuge is a damned good pilot, probably one of the best.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Have you guys seen this ? Especially the landing :music_whistling:. I bet you gonna have your jaws down by the end of it, hell, by the mid point of the video

this guy made the flanker his bitch! what a great finish too!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Very nice !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X