The Kaukasus Offensive revived!

HiJack

Hmm. If something has to be done, maybe something roughly like this:

KO already keeps track of a players money. So maybe there could be a "Team Account", however that may work, that get´s a percentage of the money a player gets for kills etc.

So lets say I get 1000$ for a kill, then the account of my team gets 10$ or 100$ or whatever.

Then when a side gets attacked when noone of that team is online a kind of defensive convoy is sent when the units at an objective get below a certain number until the "team money" is all spent ? Those convoys could be more expensive than convoys ordered by players, or be smaller or consist of different units, so that there is still some kind of "punishment" for the players not beeing there to defend their stuff.

But it should be balanced in a way that it is still possible to "get work done" when noone of the other team is online, so as not to make it senseless to fly alone when noone else is there.

I don´t know if that idea could be realised at all as I don´t know crap about programming and mission making. And I don´t even know if it´s a good idea...

edit: Just saw now that PB0 CEF wrote something similar.

edit2: I think that should not work for groundcrew, only for defensive units.

Edited by WolfK33

I think that last convoy of life should only be sent when there are only 3 objectives left and one of them is under attack (when the units go below a certain number, indeed), and there's enough cash in team's bank

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

imho the main issue is "training". some people have hundreds of hours in this scenario and know where the blindspots are to attack a FARP with ka50 for example and ultimatly how to "game" the ruleset.

so its no wonder that as soon as a campain starts veterans know exactly what to do and whats not important

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

ok, if we're already suggesting something, here's what I think:

1. Remove Sochi, Russian Factory and Beslan

2. Remove chopper slots from airfields in order to get more slots for planes

3. Add farps @ each airfield

4. Add farps @ Tsageri, Mestia

5. Add antennas: a) north of Gudauta on the mountain, Blue by default, with SA-11 on top - exchange for Nalchik's SA-11 on the outskirts; b) Tetnuldi mountain - neutral by default

6. Do something about not functional SAMs - SA-6 @ Nalchik, Hawk @ Senaki

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

naaaah ... no AI aircraft for KO, ever !

something should be done to the defending ground forces

Well I think that random small and limited numbers of AI groups can be a real interesting way to add challenge when there's only one side force online. It could be a good way to see extra planes or shoppers : Cobras, Mi-28, F-16, Mig-23. Of course it should be only very limited RANDOM and DEFENSIVES forces.

Another possibilty could be to had small defensives convoy (1 shilka + 1 Sa-9 or 1 Vulcan + 1 Avenger for example) starting RANDOMLY from FARPS, Antennas or Bases to 4 or 5 kms away when roads are available to had far defensives positions around them. It can be activated when one side is alone online. So the attackers would never know where the AA defenses can be ...

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

If whole team is offline then there is no AI skilled enough to outsmart organized oponents, to save you and your positions.

I fly choppers aswell and I also had seen my work destroyed when I come online next day. So WHAT?!

I remember time when I took K.O campaign soo much to my heart that when I don’t fly I would check web page from my phone and delay something else just to come and defend if it was needed, I would wake up in the middle of the night and go fly cap because no reds where awake and american taw had ground strike practice. While doing that crazy stuff I’ve had a lot of fun.

So my opinion is this: If you want your side defended then defend it! Have fun and don’t ask somebody else to do it for you! Its really that simple. At least from my point of view

Im writing this because im affraid K.O. will get AI cap and it would spoil everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me the goal is not to stop absolutly attackers when other side is offline : this is a PvP campaign and only humans must do the job ;)

But I think that with only one side on a map this is not really interesting to play with only predictable defensives positions. Veterans players know really well where to go to destroy FARPS defenses and it's a mechanical way of playing rather than an "adventure". Without any air opposition, fighters or Gazelle Mistral are useless and a big part of missions are not possible anymore :(

The possibility to have enemy nearly everywhere (but not always) can be a good way to make missions more realistic and stressful :)

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

How about neutral AF and farps have sams when the mission starts?

and no more groundcrew convoys,to open a farp we have to deliver them would make it harder

and convoys have tanks why we need tanks??a tank should be replaced by osa or tor to defend croundcrew delivered crate by crate

i remember earlier we could request offensive convoy that was the idea of tanks existance

waiting for KO to rerevive

miss u guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the feedback. I will not add AI CAP. I’m currently working on the web server to solve security problems. Not sure how long it will take but the KO will definitely not go away and I’m putting in a lot of hours this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

When will the server revive again?)

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

I could extract the mission file, but if I understood correctly there are some additional script files.

Hey Bufo! You are correct, there is one additional script file (attached to this post) that handles the server environment (slotblocking, connections, kick/ban). You will have to rename the file without the underscore so it reads GameGUI and put it into your "Saved Games/DCS/Scripts" folder. It will be loaded on game-start and only needs to be on the server. You will also have to unsanitize your "DCS Root/Scripts/MissionScripting.lua" file (basically comment out the 3 lines that call sanitizeModule() in order for the scripts to work!

Have fun playing around and don't be discuraged if it takes a bit to get it running. Read the dcs.log as the system puts lots of debug-messages there, if something does not work it is likely you will find the solution there.

koServerToolsGame_GUI.lua

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello guys, i'm trying to get the mission running but i'm having a couple of issues,

- I can't get CTLD running

- I can't get the convoys tab to appear in F10

- There are none of the "base units" on the mission

- and finaly i can't get slotblocking to work

The mission isn't very dynamic without all this ^^.

Thanks in advance,

Rex.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

The KO mission is updated and up on DCS World 2.5. We are confident that the mission is solid. The online MAP webpage is still being worked on but the MAP updates as it should. No player stats for time being. Please use Simple Radio last updated version.

Temporary KO play server: Jack's Casa - The Kaukasus Offensive.

Temporary web: http://142.44.163.134/ko/

Enjoy :D

Wohooo.... :thumbup:

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2