Does 1.12a need to be installed after the Su25+Fictional+Skins pack?

I recently built a new machine and had to reinstall LockOn; I used the retail LockOn CD, then the Flaming Cliffs downloadable version, then patch 1.12a. Last night I applied the Su25+Fictional+Skins package by ED through ModMan, and in so doing realized that the meinit.xml file was being modified by the package, with the readme stating that it would revert this file back to the 1.11 version.

So now I'm wondering, did 1.12a make any changes to this file that I've now lost by applying the skins package AFTER the 1.12a patch?

in ModMan you can use the filebyfile mode (at the bottom right) to uninstall only meinit.xml file from the package so you'll be back to meinit.xml v1.12a

but i don't know if your mod package will work with meinit.xml 1.12a.

Thanks for the quick answer, Skypat. But if I do what you suggested, won't I lose any changes that the skin pack made to the meinit.xml that were added to support the new skins?

Anyway, I just downloaded the skins pack again from lockonfiles and found that it had been updated for 1.12. So I'll just unapply my current skins package (which should revert my meinit.xml back to 1.12a) and then apply the updated skins package. Hopefully there weren't any changes to that file between 1.12 and 1.12a!

Thanks for the quick answer, Skypat. But if I do what you suggested, won't I lose any changes that the skin pack made to the meinit.xml that were added to support the new skins?

Anyway, I just downloaded the skins pack again from lockonfiles and found that it had been updated for 1.12. So I'll just unapply my current skins package (which should revert my meinit.xml back to 1.12a) and then apply the updated skins package. Hopefully there weren't any changes to that file between 1.12 and 1.12a!

The MeInit shouldn't change significantly between 1.12 and 1.12a, so you should be fine.

Had you reinstalled v1.12a over the skins pack, you wouldn't have been able to use the skins - the textures would be there, but you wouldn't have been able to select them in the Mission Editor.

The MeInit.xml file is basically a big long list of units, countries, and properties of the above. Controls which units are assigned to which countries, which weapons are assigned to which units, which skins are assigned to which units . . . and on, and on. There's an awful lot in there ;)

But that's as an aside, you should by now have the working skins pack :)

Ah. Thanks for the clarifications, britgliderpilot.

Now that I've got that straightened out, I can jump into confusing myself with how applying walmis's new F-15 model and the WF-33 model will change/affect the MeInit.xml file. :)