Landing gear indications lied to me

Skarp

While having some fun on the 104th server I got slapped with a missile. I limped back to the airfield, put the gear down, got 3 green lights indicating they were down and locked. Then I ended up belly landing. I'm not sure how the crush switches would give me green lights when the gear was still up. Is this a bug? My physics and electrical knowledge thinks it is.

The missile may have blown your wheels off (they are exposed even when the gear is in the up position), leaving the gear mechanics intact. At touchdown you'd then break the struts and end up doing a belly landing.

You can actually check if the tire is blown/missing by looking at your sides with the gear up. If you can't see the black tire, it means either it has blown, the wheel is gone, or the whole strut is missing. This is why you should always fly with a buddy, self damage checks are quite hard to do. :D Keep in mind the following:

If the decision is made not to eject, landing with all gear up is most desirable means of recovering rather than landing with abnormal gear configurations.

Lol, last night, I was on F99th server, and doing my thing, attacking some ground targets. I didn't have any overhead protection, and had a very fun time being chased outta dodge by a Mig-21. He got a few shots in with his gun, and missed the only missile shot he took. I ran back to Nellis, and went to land.

Wouldn't ya know it, I did everything perfect, but had a hard landing, and got confused until the aircraft slid off the runway to the left. I forgot my damn landing gear! Luckily it still was a relatively smooth landing, but man, that was embarrassing.

I know it's not quite the same thing, just thought I'd share my funny little story.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]