Combined Arms cheat/bug!

Alpenwolf

I have included CA in my missions on the Cold War server to give players the opportunity of driving units around and also provide human GCI. Turns out there is a cheat/bug that allows a player to move any unit he wishes and as such some start stripping airfields of air defences! Does that only work if I include units with the "Players Can Drive"-Box checked or nonetheless? It'd be a bummer to eliminate human GCI for these 3d gen planes...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I assume you have to disable the option: "player can command the vehicles" or something similar to this.

Will try that tonight...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hi Alpenwolf - there are a few pertinent settings-

In the commanders screen, where you define the number of CA slots in the mission, you can uncheck "Pilot can control vehicles" as razo+r suggested.

As you have noted, for individual groups you can uncheck the "Player can drive" box to exclude these units from direct or indirect player control.

In the view options, which you can enforce either directly in the .miz itself or by setting the option in your server, you have the option to enforce visibility settings for the F10 map to friendly-only or fog of war; the former will show only units of the same coalition as the player, the latter will show friendly units and any hostile units illuminated by friendly sensors or WVR (this setting is commonly used for human AWACS, as you are still dependent on your team's in-sim RADARs)

Of the CA slot types:

A Tactical Commander can both directly control vehicles and move units via the F10 map

A JTAC (called "Forward Observer" in-sim) can directly control vehicles, but not issue orders via F10

An observer can only see the F10 map and use external views (if enabled) of units visible per map settings.

Hope that helps! Between these things you can restrict things pretty well.

Edited by feefifofum

Hi Alpenwolf - there are a few pertinent settings-

In the commanders screen, where you define the number of CA slots in the mission, you can uncheck "Pilot can control vehicles" as razo+r suggested.

As you have noted, for individual groups you can uncheck the "Player can drive" box to exclude these units from direct or indirect player control.

In the view options, which you can enforce either directly in the .miz itself or by setting the option in your server, you have the option to enforce visibility settings for the F10 map to friendly-only or fog of war; the former will show only units of the same coalition as the player, the latter will show friendly units and any hostile units illuminated by friendly sensors or WVR (this setting is commonly used for human AWACS, as you are still dependent on your team's in-sim RADARs)

Of the CA slot types:

A Tactical Commander can both directly control vehicles and move units via the F10 map

A JTAC (called "Forward Observer" in-sim) can directly control vehicles, but not issue orders via F10

An observer can only see the F10 map and use external views (if enabled) of units visible per map settings.

Hope that helps! Between these things you can restrict things pretty well.

Thanks a lot! Although I'm aware of the differences between these four observer options I was still wondering if this cheat/bug will still work even after I've unchecked the box "Pilot Can Control Vehicles" while keeping the box "Player Can Drive" for a specific number of units checked. Any idea on that?

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

A Tactical Commander/JTAC will be able to control any vehicle in their coalition with "Player Can Drive" checked...people in jets/helos will not be able to control anything if "Pilot Can Control Vehicles" is not unchecked.

I don't think this is a cheat or a bug, just an option you need to set as desired. Don't want air defenses to be moveable? Uncheck "player can drive" and then no-one can move it, regardless of what slot they're in.

A Tactical Commander/JTAC will be able to control any vehicle in their coalition with "Player Can Drive" checked...people in jets/helos will not be able to control anything if "Pilot Can Control Vehicles" is not unchecked.

I don't think this is a cheat or a bug, just an option you need to set as desired. Don't want air defenses to be moveable? Uncheck "player can drive" and then no-one can move it, regardless of what slot they're in.

Then I got it right after all. Thanks for your help, buddy :thumbup:

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments