Throttletek F-18 throttle

F18-01.jpg

http://throttletek.com/f-18-throttle/

USB plug and play, 3D CNC aluminum milled grips and base like you wish, and don't cost 4 digits. ;)

After Sales Tax, Shipping/Handling and VAT it's 4 Digits.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well it is designed by a real jet pilot :)

Edit: Ive always wondered with these, replica items. Do the actually pay royalties to which ever company's item them are replicating and selling?

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I asked them about the throttle. There appears to be no mounting holes, and it's intended to just sit on something and not move. It weighs 3.5 kg (7.7 pounds). For the TDC, you can choose either a joystick pot or the same force transducer as used in the real F18. No word on what the price difference is. For the remaining switches, 80% of them are the same switch used in the F18. There is also an idle detent that you have to use the finger lifts to get past. They sell to the consumer market, and it will take 2.5 months to manufacture and requires a 50% down payment.

Has anyone heard of a warrenty for these throttles

-Shadow

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I'm very interested in this system. I've contacted them and Roberto got right back to me. Seems very interested in helping out. I think I recall seeing some of their commercial stuff a while ago. I would like to see a video of this TQS for a since of scale. That's about all I'm waiting on to buy one.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 3 weeks later...
I made some enquiries. While they don't normally come with mounting holes, you can have them added.

And so, I've taken the plunge and placed an order. Delivery isn't for 2 months, but I'll put up my thoughts once it's arrived.

How much was the initial payment? I didn't get a solid answer went I asked.

-Shadow

Damn, I might have to order this. I guess I'll try to fight temptation and wait until Squirrel gets his to make sure it's worth the coin, but my general impatience probably won't bode well for that.

This really has my interest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

My interest is peaked as well. It be really great if they sent a unit to ED to have them pre-map all of the controls...

For sure. This throttle, plus Slaw RX Viper pedals and a VKB/Virpil/Baur base with Sahaj joystick extension and a Thrustmaster F/A-18 grip and I would be all set with a top notch setup for the Hornet release...

Damn, decisions decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

A grand for a quality of a lot more than that. It's a very reasonably priced piece of gear.

-Shadow

Then don't make don't make a contradictory statement. There are no reviews of the throttle so no way to judge its quality or lack of. I have not seen a more expensive commercial available to the public military type throttle So to spend that kind of money ( Yes I have all so done it on real parts) but to say now I am going to get a stick but only if it is reasonable. well it sounds..

Now as far as asking me not to post on an open form or to judge my comments because you can't discuss your decisions well that is laughable.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Then don't make don't make a contradictory statement. There are no reviews of the throttle so no way to judge its quality or lack of. I have not seen a more expensive commercial available to the public military type throttle So to spend that kind of money ( Yes I have all so done it on real parts) but to say now I am going to get a stick but only if it is reasonable. well it sounds..

Now as far as asking me not to post on an open form or to judge my comments because you can't discuss your decisions well that is laughable.

I made no contradictory statement. Affordability and value aren't the same thing.

Your first post refers to affordability. Affordability is subjective measure based on someones ability to pay, nothing else.

Your second post talks about value. Value, although still subjective, can be quantified. A starting point on this could be, does spending x3 more on a Throttletek throttle than a Thrustmster throttle get you a throttle that's x3 better? Hopefully I can provide my view on this in a few weeks.

I'm not asking you not to post on this thread if you want to talk about value. I was simply unsure as to why you're saying a $1000 throttle isn't affordable on a thread about a throttle that costs $1000.

Now to show some good will and hopefully bring this thread back on track, please let me show you what else I found and why I thought the Throttletek was the most affordable given the competition being offered on the following 2 sites:

https://www.bugeyetech.com/f-16-grips

http://www.aerotronicsllc.com/f18throttle.htm

Neither site has prices (almost always a bad sign!) but some searching seems to indicate a Bugeye stick alone will set you back ~$3000. I could have waited for Thrustmaster's offering, but I'm not impressed with the Warthog, so I'm prepared to pay more. $3000 is too much, but $1000 is just about ok for me.

Edited by Flamin_Squirrel