Mission 6 - Broken cargo (Spoiler)

rge75

Just curious - the "cargo got broken" text - this is "by design". Or in other words, no matter how "nice" you deploy the cargo, it will always break, right? I mean, the tank sotly kissed the ground for sure (I was watching out of the windows observing the tank when unhooking it) and the DCS engine didn't say anything like "Cargo damaged". So it's just a story element and it's not possible to drop it without damage?

Oh, ok. DCS itself didn't give me a message that I damaged the cargo. But who knows, maybe it happened when I hooked the cargo and maybe I just oversaw the message at this time.

Edit: I just checked my record from that mission. There was no "cargo dammaged" message (but some russian chatter). I was watching outside the window and the tank hit the bus - but I think the bus had no collision detection because the tank went through the bus.

At least good to know that it should be possible. Thanks for the info. So I'll find out on my 2nd run with DCS 2.5.

The good thing was that I was anyway able to finish the mission.

Edited by rge75

I landed the cargo softly without any collision or obstacle around with which it could have collided. The cargo looked intact, when it crashes in DCS there is a message, like you said, and the cargo looks destroyed.

The score was 100, even though there was this mission message that the cargo was destroyed.

So if that's not per design, it's an anomaly.

I've also noted there was a pouring rain, but a nice blue sky with a few clouds, it's not really consistent nor convincing ;)

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 years later...

I just did this mission earlier today. Indeed the trigger "broken cargo" gets activated while the actual fuel tank looks just fine to me: I made a new post here since I forgot about the existence of this subforum :doh: :music_whistling:

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• ED Team
I just did this mission earlier today. Indeed the trigger "broken cargo" gets activated while the actual fuel tank looks just fine to me: I made a new post here since I forgot about the existence of this subforum :doh: :music_whistling:

Thanks for reporting. Will investigate.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Try now, it should be fixed in today's update.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...