Air Shows around the world (What is different or the same)

mvsgas

Looking at this, I realize how different airshows can be around the world. On that video, those look like live missiles. There is no covers on the aircraft to avoid Foreign Objects nor covers on the sharp edges to avoid injury.

How are the airshows you guys have attended? Are the similar or different?

After watching that video I also thought about this;

I remember during EAA Air Venture 1999, really early in the morning I was servicing Lox (liquid oxygen) one our jets (310th FS, Top Hats) and a gentleman approach me to ask what was I doing while smoking a cigarette. I really freak me out, specially since our LOX cars have this huge warning on the side:

50Gal_Lox_Cart_0008.jpg

They guys told me he did not noticed.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Here,

Active Aircraft Static Displays have Intake, Exhaust, and Canopy Covers.

No Armaments are permitted, training or live.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Here,

Active Aircraft Static Displays have Intake, Exhaust, and Canopy Covers.

No Armaments are permitted, training or live.

Interesting, here in South Carolina static aircraft displays don't necessarily have intake covers.

At an airshow, you could climb into the intake if no one tried to stop you.

And plenty of armaments are permitted, BOTH training and live....

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Interesting, here in South Carolina static aircraft displays don't necessarily have intake covers.

At an airshow, you could climb into the intake if no one tried to stop you.

And plenty of armaments are permitted, BOTH training and live....

Live ammo, in the US? No way, sorry man but I can't believe that. At least not in the USAF. To Clarify, live ammo is any forward firing munition (i.e. Gun rounds, rockets, etc. ) or any weapon with brown (rocket motor) or yellow (explosives) stripes.

Here is a good example of every airshow I have been to:

Very large photo

https://media.defense.gov/2017/Jul/18/2001779437/-1/-1/0/170715-Z-VD276-014.JPG

Notice how the missile fins are covered and so are the static dischargers, intakes and exhausts

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

At the few airshows with modern aircraft I've visited, all planes that weren't flying were covered up with intake and pitot covers, and all munitions on display are dummies.

Regarding live munitions: in 1978, an F-5A from Rygge AB launched a live AIM-9 during a simulated attack on Torp airport during an airshow. After that the RNoAF stopped using QRA aircraft for airshows...

Thanks. Was anyone hurt in that incident?

To whom it may concern,

Live ammo, in the US? No way, sorry man but I can't believe that. At least not in the USAF. To Clarify, live ammo is any forward firing munition (i.e. Gun rounds, rockets, etc. ) or any weapon with brown (rocket motor) or yellow (explosives) stripes.

Here is a good example of every airshow I have been to:

Very large photo

https://media.defense.gov/2017/Jul/18/2001779437/-1/-1/0/170715-Z-VD276-014.JPG

Notice how the missile fins are covered and so are the static dischargers, intakes and exhausts

I have actually put my hand on a harm that had a brown stripe on it on an F-16. So yes...

I have been to a variety of Air Force, National Guard, and Marine bases for airshows.

Not sure about navy though.

EDIT: the exhaust covers thing I may be remembering wrong, as it might have been the antique non-flying displays without them.

Edited by The Black Swan

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

U.S. Navy Covers all Intakes/Exhausts now to prevent people from throwing FoD into them.

They Also secure all Props to keep them from spinning freely,

They Also Cover Canopy of any Aircraft in Active Service to Avoid people from Snooping around inside.

The last time they had an open Cockpit display Hornet, it was an old F/A-18A on a Trailer, so half the Cockpit had been replaced with fake fixtures and markings.

the Open Cockpit display Super Hornet had Covers on the HUD, HOTAS and over half the side panels.

No Live Armaments are on the Static Display Floor, only behind the Fence where the Performer Aircraft are Staged, when the Tactical Demo Lands, they Taxi to the Staging Area, shut down, cool off, secure any munitions, put covers on everything, and are towed back to the static display line.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs